Hehe...

wah, there's a ten character minimum to post on here...wow
(#12 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-10-2010, 02:47 AM

-Sends my parrots with tranquilizers to defend the endangered whale species-

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-10-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
-Sends my parrots with tranquilizers to defend the endangered whale species-
And which internationally recognized endangered species of whale are being killed?

I am asking the OP more, as I just don't know.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
darksyndrem (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via MSN to darksyndrem
06-10-2010, 03:44 AM

MMM, you would be the person who gave this fucker a chance to prove his point. Close the damn thread.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-10-2010, 04:26 AM

O_o

Anyways . . .Any and all endagered whales and all other engangered species shall receive protection!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-10-2010, 05:13 AM

I have no particular love for whales or think they require any special protection above that of any other wild animal but I do think justifications for Japanese whaling are obviously completely and utterly ridiculous. If they can even slightly make a case of it being somewhat traditional then how about retricting their whaling to traditional areas rather than down in the Southern Ocean around Antarctica. The industry itself is not exactly profitable and only exists because of government subsidy. There is little domestic demand for whale meat, certainly not enough to justify the current amount of whales that are killed and the scientific study justification is little more than laughable.
Personally I think the whole industry here only continues to exist for political reasons. Mostly I beleive it's just an easy way for the government to appease hard line nationalists around the country that the Japanese will remain strong against the big bad westerners trying to influence Japanese culture.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-10-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
I have no particular love for whales or think they require any special protection above that of any other wild animal but I do think justifications for Japanese whaling are obviously completely and utterly ridiculous. If they can even slightly make a case of it being somewhat traditional then how about retricting their whaling to traditional areas rather than down in the Southern Ocean around Antarctica. The industry itself is not exactly profitable and only exists because of government subsidy. There is little domestic demand for whale meat, certainly not enough to justify the current amount of whales that are killed and the scientific study justification is little more than laughable.
Personally I think the whole industry here only continues to exist for political reasons. Mostly I beleive it's just an easy way for the government to appease hard line nationalists around the country that the Japanese will remain strong against the big bad westerners trying to influence Japanese culture.

Insert grammar and then it might be readable.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-10-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Insert grammar and then it might be readable.
Really, MMM? I can read that perfectly fine and I've understood everything he said!

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, is "readable" recognised now? Or is it just traditional teachers telling me not to use it, and to stick to legible?

Last edited by noodle : 06-10-2010 at 07:49 AM.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
junbolala (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
I have no particular love for whales or think they require any special protection above that of any other wild animal.
If you think so,you don't need to say that justifications for Japanese whaling are obviously completely and utterly ridiculous.
You should only say treat whales as same as any other wild animal.Instead of that,you posted so long anti whaling opinion.Don' act like as if you were Neutral.Where are the justifications for anti whaling?

As for current demand,Have you ever been to Shizuoka,Chiba,Iwate,Wakayama Prefecture?
They actually eat whale meat more often than in Big Cities like Tokyo.
In addition,why don't you take account of potential demand?

I wonder why someone try to forbid whaling,when he thinks there is no demand for whale meat.

As for Nationalist , even communist party don't say stop whaling.All political parties from left to right are not against whaling in Japan.They never treat whaling as political issue.
On the other hand,the Australian Labor Party tooK a legal action for next election.

Quote:
If they can even slightly make a case of it being somewhat traditional then how about retricting their whaling to traditional areas rather than down in the Southern Ocean around Antarctica.
Unfortunately,Aus Gov.doesn't allow any kind of whaling ,even in Japanese traditional areas.And The Southern Ocean around Antarctica is Public see.

Japanese government doesn't justify whaling by saying only "our Culture". This is mainly resource problem.
"provide for the proper conservation of whale stocks and thus make possible the orderly development of the whaling industry".

btw,there was no Westerner in Austraria continent.Why don't they go back to Europe? Their traditional areas.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-10-2010, 07:58 AM

Perhaps Greenpeace isn't the most neutral of sites and articles are a bit old, but these are two interesting articles that seem to back up some of GoNative's post.

Whale meat in Japan | Greenpeace International

Whaling is Bad Business | Greenpeace International