LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
ishikawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-10-2010, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fepony View Post
Why are the Japanese people killing off the whales? You guys are criminals. There should be a bounty on whalers. IT IS ILLEGAL!!
Because it's meat?

I personally, even though I'm Japanese by race, I dislike seafood. Including whale.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
junbolala (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Perhaps Greenpeace isn't the most neutral of sites and articles are a bit old, but these are two interesting articles that seem to back up some of GoNative's post.
Back up?
GoNative's post is obviously based on Green peace's opinion.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-10-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbolala View Post
Back up?
GoNative's post is obviously based on Green peace's opinion.
Green Peaces' opionion is that it's bad to kill Whales, full stop! The facts mentioned on the articles BACK UP GoNative's post!
(#24 (permalink))
Old
junbolala (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Green Peaces' opionion is that it's bad to kill Whales, full stop! The facts mentioned on the articles BACK UP GoNative's post!
Green Peace allows Aboriginal/Subsistence Whaling.
I thought "no demand theory" is Green Peaces' opinion.They chose The facts mentioned on the articles to justify their theory.
I don't think CURRENT demand for whale meat is essential.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-10-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junbolala View Post
Green Peace allows Aboriginal/Subsistence Whaling.
I thought "no demand theory" is Green Peaces' opinion.They chose The facts mentioned on the articles to justify their theory.
I don't think CURRENT demand for whale meat is essential.
I'm no Green Peace expert and I don't care much for Whaling since I don't know much about it... but facts are facts! Whether they choose these facts and not others to support their argument is besides the point! It still backs up what GoNative said!

Perhaps, as someone neutral here, you could give me some facts to support YOUR opinion so that I can make my opinion on this situation! Because quite frankly, at this moment in time, I see A LOT more negatives about Whaling than positives.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-10-2010, 10:02 AM

Yeah, I'm not a fan of whaling. I'm right in saying that whales aren't harvested for farming, right? That's where it's different to eating cows.

While some questions are raised about how humane killing cows, chickens, sheep etc is, killing a whale is nearly always a slow and inhumane process, just because of the size of the animal.

Obviously, they should not be killing endangered species. If cows were endangered, I'd say the same thing. Whether or not they are killing endangered species of whale is something I don't know about.

Until they find a more humane and less painful way to kill the whales, it shouldn't happen at all. Personally, I think it shouldn't happen at all really. It's not profitable for Japan, and kind of pointless.

Japan isn't perfect. I don't have to like everything about Japan, like a lot of narrow-minded people on this forum seem to think. Sometimes if people get a whiff of Japan critism, they go mad. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this is basic stuff.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
junbolala (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Perhaps, as someone neutral here, you could give me some facts to support YOUR opinion so that I can make my opinion on this situation! Because quite frankly, at this moment in time, I see A LOT more negatives about Whaling than positives.
Institute of Cetacean Research
whaler's opinion.
http://www.icrwhale.org/eng-index.htm
It is difficult to find "neutral". There are arguments in detail.For example,risk of extinction,number of whales etc.
Aus Gov might think International Court of Justice is neutral.So,they took a legal action. Wait for decision.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I don't have to like everything about Japan, like a lot of narrow-minded people on this forum seem to think. Sometimes if people get a whiff of Japan critism, they go mad. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, this is basic stuff.
What are you talking about?
As for this forum,everyone,including "narrow-minded", is entitled to their opinion.Only Moderators can delete posts.
I don't think it is good to label someone negative like "narrow-minded".It makes you seem "narrow-minded".
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

06-10-2010, 04:05 PM

Those that enjoy eating whales are morons.

It's kittens that make the best white meat.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Tturtle (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-10-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
It's kittens that make the best white meat.
I may have to try it some time. They look cute so I can only imagine that they taste cute. I've never tasted cute before.

Has anyone checked the coring room?
(#30 (permalink))
Old
fepony (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 07:00 PM

I think it's all about money. It seems like money is more important than anything else. Screw the whales, the environment and everything else. Just as long as they make money. I came here a bit p*ssed with the way things are being handled and the lies being told by the Japanese govt. saying it is "research" BS...it's cash...it's always about cash.