Not asian at all, you're nuts 17 60.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Spencer (Offline)
New to JF

Is she Asian? Give me your opinions please :) - 06-10-2010, 08:40 AM

Well basically there is this cute girl who was in an Australian kid girls show (which was filmed through 2005-2006) and when I saw the show a couple of years ago I thought she was gorgeous :-) Depsite being far too old, and a male, I kept watching to ogle her :P

I had always thought she was quite "exotic" looking but it was not until one day recently where I thought there was something quite oriental about her eyes, and she has yellowish skin as well as dark hair and eyes, suddenly I thought, "hey she looks a bit (maybe half) asian"

Being white I'm not that great at being sure whether she could be half asian or whether I'm just nuts. But I have gotten so curious and I thought, what better to do than to ask some japanese folks? (Out of all potential asian races I think she looks most like japanese)

Don't take this as racist please anybody. Its just out of curiosity and nothing more.

So obviously, pics are needed...so here are some screencaps I made of her and I want your opinions of whether she looks asian to you to any extent, or not at all.

Thanks in advance for anyone who helps

(I should mention, in the show she was portrayed with two "white" parents, pale skin, blue eyes and all that...whether this was because she IS white, or simply because she would pass for white, I am unsure)

(#2 (permalink))
Old
JayT (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-10-2010, 09:15 AM

It's a question that can't really be answered.
I know a lot of 50/50 Japanese kid's that have a slight or no Asian look to them.

Everyone really turns out differently, although this girl doesn't look totally Caucasian, something about her is a bit different.

Isn't it easier just to find out her actual name from the TV show and look up her bio...?

[<--Nan's heart!]

Last edited by JayT : 06-10-2010 at 09:20 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
robhol (Offline)
Can I eat him??

06-10-2010, 09:17 AM

I don't think so. I can't place her, (and it doesn't mean she isn't) but she doesn't look like a typical Asian to me.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Spencer (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 09:27 AM

Thanks a lot for your replies guys

So far the voters don't seem to think she looks asian. But I am glad to hear you saying how you don't think she is totally white, that there is something different. It makes me feel a bit less nuts

And also that she is "hard to place" I agree with these comments and can't figure it out but theres something more exotic than the typical caucasian..I always thought that. I'm not surprised that you people don't think she loooks asian since the idea only came to me about a couple years after I first saw her. Theres not a obvious asian look about her (if at all ) But its the only race I can match her too even if I'm nuts to think it
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Spencer (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Thanks a lot for your replies guys

So far the voters don't seem to think she looks asian. But I am glad to hear you saying how you don't think she is totally white, that there is something different. It makes me feel a bit less nuts

And also that she is "hard to place" I agree with these comments and can't figure it out but theres something more exotic than the typical caucasian..I always thought that. I'm not surprised that you people don't think she loooks asian since the idea only came to me about a couple years after I first saw her. Theres not a obvious asian look about her (if at all ) But its the only race I can match her too even if I'm nuts to think it
She has a rather narrow pointed nose which looks very caucasian. I suspect there is obviously some caucasian in her along with something else.

Edit: Oops meant to edit the last post sorry about that
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Spencer (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayT View Post
Isn't it easier just to find out her actual name from the TV show and look up her bio...?
Tried that Unfortunatly her bio on wiki merely states that she was born in perth australia, in 1991...nothing about her race "or anything much else) as she is rather unfamous
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-10-2010, 09:42 AM

She might not be asian at all. Some people just have 'asian' looking features.

I am asked all the time if I am half asian, and I'm not, both my parents are english. I don't know what it is but some people just have that look about them. (Actually it kind of annoys me a bit. I'm English!)

Personally I don't think she has any asian in her. Like I said, I don't but a lot of people question me about it. Even some of the Japanese people on a language learning website ask me. So it's possible to 'look' that way to people without actually being so.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Spencer (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
She might not be asian at all. Some people just have 'asian' looking features.

I am asked all the time if I am half asian, and I'm not, both my parents are english. I don't know what it is but some people just have that look about them. (Actually it kind of annoys me a bit. I'm English!)

Personally I don't think she has any asian in her. Like I said, I don't but a lot of people question me about it. Even some of the Japanese people on a language learning website ask me. So it's possible to 'look' that way to people without actually being so.
Gosh you do look asian form your pic (if thats you) And very cute

I see your point, might just have slightly more oriental eyes and skin without being asian. I know a girl who everyone thinks is spanish (even one spaniard) but she is white...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

06-10-2010, 10:10 AM

Yeah that's me Lol, thanks.

Yeah, so she probably isn't. She actually looks really familiar for some reason.
I thought it was Caitlin Stacey. I think she looks like her a bit. *shrug*
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Spencer (Offline)
New to JF

06-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Yeah that's me Lol, thanks.

Yeah, so she probably isn't. She actually looks really familiar for some reason.
I thought it was Caitlin Stacey. I think she looks like her a bit. *shrug*
hehe, I know caitlin stacey (to see on tv, not in person )

She also looks somehow non-white so I know why you think she looks like her. Personally I prefer this girl (in the original pics)

Last edited by Spencer : 06-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.