JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread!! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32354-fifa-world-cup-2010-thread.html)

KungMartin 06-14-2010 04:48 PM

FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread!!

So now it's finally FIFA World Cup (I know 3 days late). My country didn't even make it though, so that sucks.

Did you guys watch Japan vs Cameroon today? They owned!! 1-0 to Japan YeahH!!

I'm surprised to see Korea and Japan doing really well in FIFA so far, props to my asian brothers!!

What team are you guys cheering for? Me personally, I'm cheering for Netherlands, Japan and Korea =D

Note for mod: I know there's a thread in Japan Sports, but this isn't only related to Japan right?=S

RazerKill 06-14-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungMartin (Post 815720)
So now it's finally FIFA World Cup (I know 3 days late). My country didn't even make it though, so that sucks.

Did you guys watch Japan vs Cameroon today? They owned!! 1-0 to Japan YeahH!!

I'm surprised to see Korea and Japan doing really well in FIFA so far, props to my asian brothers!!

What team are you guys cheering for? Me personally, I'm cheering for Netherlands, Japan and Korea =D

just wait till u see japan - holland XD
holland gots a lot of good players

Sinestra 06-14-2010 05:00 PM

US and Spain I have to show my US support.

Japan did well their next games are going to be tough they did play well though Cameroon just wasn't on their game. I was surprised by the outcome.

MMM 06-14-2010 05:18 PM

Too bad USA isn't on the list. That's the team I would vote for.

V1nn1 06-14-2010 06:22 PM

Japan ofcourse =D

Holland didn't play good today...

JasonTakeshi 06-14-2010 07:27 PM

No Portugal there yet we were finalists @ 2004 and 4th place @ 2006.~

FIFA.com - The FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking

Edit: Anyways I'll be cheering for any european country that gets to the final.

Aniki 06-14-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by V1nn1 (Post 815735)
Japan ofcourse =D

Holland didn't play good today...

You either haven't watched Netherlands play or don't watch football much. Denmark was good, but Netherlands were better. They didn't gave Danes much chances leaving them only to defend themselves for the whole game.

After Group E play today, I'm pretty much got the picture which teams will pass. Obviously, Netherlands will kick Japan's ass in the next match, and Denmark Cameron's. So most interesting match in the will be with Japan with Denmark.

MMM 06-14-2010 08:08 PM

After the volume of upsets we have seen in the first few days, I still wonder how anyone can say the results of any match-up will be obvious.

Aniki 06-14-2010 08:32 PM

You can wonder all you want MMM, while I wait and see if I'm wrong or not.

PS: Italy - Paraguay 1:1. Good game.

MMM 06-14-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniki (Post 815763)
You can wonder all you want MMM, while I wait and see if I'm wrong or not.

PS: Italy - Paraguay 1:1. Good game.

It was interesting watching the pre-game announcer (former player for England) saying befor the Italy Paraguay game "I don't know who is going to win. So far every prediction I have made has been wrong."