(#11 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
06-21-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
Now that I think about it, your writing does give off a somewhat intimidating tone.
I could imagine adding a stern facial expression would add to that effect.
Hmm, I really don't intend to intimidate (most of the time ), but I know it happens when I comment on serious subjects - especially ones I feel strongly about. There's a reason my mentors steered me toward debate in school and then suggested the legal professions. I have learned to temper it with a definite wicked grin or questioning raised eybrow rather than stern glares, but that doesn't always come through in text. Guess I need to keep working on that.

Quote:
Generally, I act the same, with the few exceptions in that I interrupt more conversations and ignore people more often online. I do believe in only writing what I would say in real life.
Absolutely!
It's not only a shock, but sometimes rather irritating when you meet someone in person after reading their posts for a while and they are a completely different person.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

06-21-2010, 02:24 PM

I'm not different on the internetz.

I'm very sarcastic and hypocrite.

Today I can say I love blue and tomorrow hate it.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
06-21-2010, 02:38 PM

For the most part, no. The only thing different is whenever I get angry irl, I normally leave it alone or end up tripping over what I say if I DO say something, where as in the Internet if I choose not to leave it alone I can re-read what I'm about to say and have it be easier to express and understand.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
bolay (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to bolay
06-23-2010, 12:02 AM

hmmm i think i just the same on the net
I love to chat & some times I lost ^^
maybe when in game I'd be more silent ~~
(#15 (permalink))
Old
BLooregard (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to BLooregard
06-23-2010, 09:33 PM

I don't think I'm different...
In real life when I'm living my life, I talk so much, I jump like a bunny and I'm sooo happy...on the Internet I look so energyfull and I use so much "smiles". When I'm sad, I say 2-3 things and I'm not listening to the rest. On the Internet, I don't talk so much too.
Well, I can say I'm the same person

We're breaking down all the walls that hold us in
We're taking love to a new dimension
Cherry kisses upon my tainted skin
Flying high to a new adventure
<333
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Luckkiss (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2010, 04:12 AM

If anything I am more myself online. I'm usually pretty reserved in real life and keep quiet or refrain from comment in most situations. Only my closest friends and family know what I'm really like: opinionated, goofy, enthusiastic and a little pessimistic which is how I am online.

Approach the world with open arms and you'll either be cuddled or crushed... I think I know which is more likely...
(#17 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-24-2010, 04:49 AM

I'm pretty much exactly the same regardless of what medium I communicate through or even what group of people I'm around. I've always had a take me or leave me attitude. People either like me or not, I don't really care and don't change anything to try and make them like me more.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Liongale (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Liongale Send a message via MSN to Liongale
06-24-2010, 08:08 PM

I like to rely on hand gestures (not to be mistaken for sign language) or motions of 'the obvious', instead of speaking.

"What's on tv?"
-Make eye contact, slowly move my eyes towards the tv, to show them, what's on.-

I don't like speaking. I don't even have a phone. But typing is okay, so in that regards, I am quite different, because I can't quite flail my arms on a message board.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

06-24-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liongale View Post
I like to rely on hand gestures (not to be mistaken for sign language) or motions of 'the obvious', instead of speaking.

"What's on tv?"
-Make eye contact, slowly move my eyes towards the tv, to show them, what's on.-

I don't like speaking. I don't even have a phone. But typing is okay, so in that regards, I am quite different, because I can't quite flail my arms on a message board.
*hi5's Liongale*

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.