JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Are You Different On The Internet? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32393-you-different-internet.html)

manganimefan227 06-17-2010 05:45 PM

Are You Different On The Internet?

Personality- wise really, are you any different than in real life on this forum or anywhee online?

I'm alot more social and talkative, since I don't have to be so worried about what people think of me just based on appearance. I'm about as crazy in real life though. And just as random, but the crazy and random stuff is more in other websites.

How about you people?

WingsToDiscovery 06-17-2010 06:22 PM

I'm probably more reserved. I know I'm successful in real life, and I don't feel that I need to garner myself any more attention in the cyber world by being extremely outspoken. The internet isn't a place for me to "be myself" because "myself" is a lot cooler in the real world.

I can be a bit more controversial on the internet, however. I don't intentionally try and stir the pot, but I'm not afraid to give my opinion. This generally leads to people getting butthurt, and they'll say whatever it takes to make their argument justified, even if it's nonsensical. In real life I'd just punk them out, but that's the problem being an extrovert playing on the introvert's turf.

DaisukeKigurou 06-17-2010 06:37 PM

I really don't know. But I can tell you that U try to be as nice and respectful as possible on the internet. Though when people don't respect me and is rude to me then, I let them know how I feel in the best way possible.

TalnSG 06-17-2010 06:45 PM

I suppose it depends on who you ask.

On the train or around town with friends I am pretty much the same as online, though I am told that the facial expressions can sometimes make my comments stronger. And I think that is why some say I am slightly more intimidating in person...... but maybe they just haven't read my posts on Asia's Finest. :cool:

Now in the office I am much quieter and detached.

edelweiss 06-19-2010 03:59 AM

I don't think I am very different on the internet but I am much quieter maybe more formal too. I get worried about my dyslexia and since I won't post typos I keep my statements brief so it doesn't take me forever to fix my mistakes. Even with spell check I can easily overlook problems. I'm also taller on-line. ;)

Tsuwabuki 06-19-2010 03:24 PM

No.

...and my message is too short.

Zandelin 06-20-2010 12:51 AM

Hard to say sometimes, Im mostly the same in IRL as I am online but its difficult at times. Still trying to figure out a few things about myself since there been instances that I done something but I can't recall doing it at all my mind just goes blank even though there is solid evidence and proof of those activities so it hard to say. Maybe I need to and see a shrink one of these days hope im not developing a split personality or anything that won't look good on my record. But like i stated hard to say sometimes but for the most part Im mostly the same in IRL and online.

honoraryjapanesegirl 06-20-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manganimefan227 (Post 816258)
Personality- wise really, are you any different than in real life on this forum or anywhee online?

I'm alot more social and talkative, since I don't have to be so worried about what people think of me just based on appearance. I'm about as crazy in real life though. And just as random, but the crazy and random stuff is more in other websites.

How about you people?

Mmmm...maybe a little, for the same reason, appearance...but not really. I'm usually just as hyper. I think, if anything, I try to dumb myself more on the Web. =/ It's a bad habit...but, it's what I do, unfortunately. I need to knock it off >.<' lol...XD But yeah, that's the only thing. x)

Jaydelart 06-20-2010 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalnSG (Post 816266)
I suppose it depends on who you ask.

On the train or around town with friends I am pretty much the same as online, though I am told that the facial expressions can sometimes make my comments stronger. And I think that is why some say I am slightly more intimidating in person...... but maybe they just haven't read my posts on Asia's Finest. :cool:

Now in the office I am much quieter and detached.

Now that I think about it, your writing does give off a somewhat intimidating tone.
I could imagine adding a stern facial expression would add to that effect. :p

Et moi, well... I'm more talkative online. Primarily for the reason that you can't physically shut me up.
Just kidding. Kind of.

Generally, I act the same, with the few exceptions in that I interrupt more conversations and ignore people more often online. I do believe in only writing what I would say in real life. And I'm less prone to T4Lk!nG Lyk3 D1s unless to prove a point.

Unknown 06-21-2010 06:02 AM

No since I'am pretty much the same person in reality