JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
japacademy (Offline)
New to JF

teaching english in Japan - 06-22-2010, 10:22 AM

Hi everyone,

We have created a new service site 100% free dedicated to foreigners living in Japan who aim to teach languages in Japan.

our URL: Index

Teachers or students, everyone is welcome to our website ! JapAcademy will therefore be with you, Student and Teachers who want to learn or teach languages. Let's create a new network together.

Don't miss this opportunity to enlarge your network !

Thank you for reading, and don't hesitate to subscribe, it's totally free.

We hope to see you soon in JapAcademy.

Bye
johann
(#2 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-23-2010, 12:30 AM

I'm sure you didn't mean to, but I'm afraid you picked a rather racist title for your website.

Also, how are "studens" who are learning English supposed to navigate your site?

But yea, good luck with this.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-23-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven View Post
I'm sure you didn't mean to, but I'm afraid you picked a rather racist title for your website.

Also, how are "studens" who are learning English supposed to navigate your site?

But yea, good luck with this.
Ironically enough, the site may have been made by a Japanese person. Perhaps this is their subtle attempt to take ownership of the word.

Anyhow it is a piss-poor site, there are so many others that are put together way better.

Last edited by RickOShay : 06-23-2010 at 01:01 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-23-2010, 01:01 AM

I thought it was a joke at first and couldn' take it seriously. I was thinking on similar lines haha.

After thinking about it, though, I'm not sure a Japanese person made it... I'm very curious how they expect students to come to this website if it's not written in Japanese. If there were a Japanese version, Japanese people could come to it and register and look through profiles of teachers who signed up using the English version. Isn't this how these kinds of things usually work? Did I miss the 日本語 button somewhere?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Mugshot (Offline)
New to JF

06-24-2010, 01:42 AM

i just wish i could see them Kanji characters

ikuzo!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
japacademy (Offline)
New to JF

06-25-2010, 08:21 AM

Steven,
Thank you for your comment. It's not intentionnal, i didn't want to choose a rascist name for our website. Maybe it would be better to change it.

At the top of the website, you can choose Japanese, English, or French. I guess you didn't see the flags ~

And concerning competitive sites, all of them are extremely expensive.. This is a huge difference with our site. Our service is free.

RickOShay,
Thank you for your so developped comment... how can you criticize without seeing ? First, register to our website, try our ajax system, and if you think our system is, as you said, piss-poor, please let me know. I used to find my students on sites like findateacher few years ago but I was extremely disappointed by the system itself, which was very hard to administrate. That's why I decided to create a system based on existing systems, but with a better interface.

Have a nice day