JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Jynxsama (Offline)
New to JF

Question Living in Japan.. - 06-25-2010, 07:51 PM

Hey, i'm thinking about goint to live to Japan ( Tokyo ) in about 1year or less..

What suggestions can you guys give me?
Places to stay,
How to find job,
Places to go..

Also... How expensive is it to live in Tokyo?

I'll take about 1.000 - 2.000eur from here. ( not incluiding Plain Ticket, etc.. )

Cheers !
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynxsama View Post
Hey, i'm thinking about goint to live to Japan ( Tokyo ) in about 1year or less..

What suggestions can you guys give me?
Places to stay,
How to find job,
Places to go..

Also... How expensive is it to live in Tokyo?

I'll take about 1.000 - 2.000eur from here. ( not incluiding Plain Ticket, etc.. )

Cheers !
To live in Japan you need a visa. To get a visa you need a job. To get a job you need a university degree. Do you have a university degree?

Where would you plan on living? Without a job you cannot rent an apartment, so your 2000 euros will last you three to five weeks, I am guessing.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Jynxsama (Offline)
New to JF

06-25-2010, 08:29 PM

lol you serious?
University Degree for every job?

Visa? I'm from Portugal, don't think that exists here..
I was thinking to live in those foreigners house for few months till i settle down..
(#4 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

06-25-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
lol you serious?

I was thinking to live in those foreigners house for few months till i settle down..
You should talk to the embassy of Japan in Portugal. (fica no Marquês de Pombal, também sou português)

Edit(PT): O que o MMM disse é verdade. Hoje em dia, por-causa da crise económica mundial, é difícil entrar no Japão a menos que tenhas um diploma e boas referência. Ou então se quiseres estudar - mas mesmo assim precisas de um visa para estudantes que só te vai cobrir o tempo em que estás a estudar.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 06-27-2010 at 05:58 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Jynxsama (Offline)
New to JF

06-25-2010, 08:52 PM

eish, não tenho diploma nem nada disso, só fiz o 9º ano e desisti da escola para entrar este ano para a recruta, estava mesmo a contar ir para o Japão uns meses depois da recruta, tou a ver que já fiz asneira :|

Mas é assim mesmo tão dificil?
Que papeis é preciso para a embaixada?

Cumps.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-25-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
lol you serious?

The visa is what allows you to enter and stay in Japan. There are tourist visas, work visas, student visas, etc.

It is what makes you the difference between a legal alien and an illegal alien.

University degrees are not required for every job in Japan, but are essentially required for every job a foreigner without a visa would be hired for.

Your employer needs to go through the government to get your visa. This is a time-consuming process, and the employer has to convince the government why a foreigner is better for this job than a native Japanese. In some fields, like education, it is easy to see why, for example, a native English speaker is a better fit as an English teacher than a native Japanese speaker. This is why 95%+ of foreigners living legally in Japan are English teachers. Part of that government guarantee of a visa is the university degree.

Let's say you want to be a ditch digger in Japan. Why would a Japanese construction company hire you (and be forced to go through the government red tape) when there are plenty of qualified Japanese already in Japan readily available? Unless you have some remarkable superior skills (like a professional baseball player) the government isn't going to let you in.

You can live in a foreigner house for 90 days on a tourist visa...but not for 1,000 to 2,000 Euros.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

06-25-2010, 09:06 PM

Quote:
eish, não tenho diploma nem nada disso, só fiz o 9º ano e desisti da escola para entrar este ano para a recruta, estava mesmo a contar ir para o Japão uns meses depois da recruta, tou a ver que já fiz asneira :|

Mas é assim mesmo tão dificil?
Que papeis é preciso para a embaixada?

Cumps.
O difícil é mesmo arranjar o visa para trabalhares lá. Pois precisas de um diploma universitário e boas recomendações.

Só precisas de levar os teus documentos pessoais.(C.Cidadão ou então o teu B.I + C. Segurança Social)

Mas podes sempre recorrer ao Voluntariado. Fazer trabalho voluntário no Japão.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.