JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Describe Japan in your own words. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32582-describe-japan-your-own-words.html)

live2love 07-01-2010 04:19 AM

Describe Japan in your own words.

Describe Japan in your own words (2 sentences minimum). What can you say about Japan? It can be a general description of Japan or something else..

Here are some I just made up:
- Japan is not for everyone. You either love the country or hate it.

- Japan is a very beautiful country filled with wonderful people. Many people would kill to live in Japan.

Something like that. Be creative, imaginative. I just want to know your opinions. :]

Thanks. :)

Raingirlxd 07-01-2010 04:41 AM

Japan is

-Japan is (for me) everything you could love in a country. It's filled with morals, value, respect.

-Japan is color-filled. Everything from the food to the adorable little erasers, is colorful and beautiful.

-Japan is something familiar to everyone, deep down inside, past the trends and the unrealistic expectations now surfacing.

-Japan is far away. It doesn't matter if you walk the streets, if you aren't born there, it's far away from you.

-Japan is simple. They like to say things to easily, it makes it difficult to know what to learn. :p

RickOShay 07-01-2010 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2love (Post 818017)
Describe Japan in your own words (2 sentences minimum). What can you say about Japan? It can be a general description of Japan or something else..

Here are some I just made up:
- Japan is not for everyone. You either love the country or hate it.

- Japan is a very beautiful country filled with wonderful people. Many people would kill to live in Japan.

Something like that. Be creative, imaginative. I just want to know your opinions. :]

Oh man... this should get interesting.. especially from people who have never even set foot here.

live2love 07-01-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickOShay (Post 818022)
Oh man... this should get interesting.. especially from people who have never even set foot here.

Heya,

I wasn't expecting the replies to be from people who haven't been to Japan only, though. I was actually hoping that those people who have been to/lived in Japan.. and also those who are currently living in Japan would reply to this post.

Since you've been living in Japan for 6 years now (I saw it on your profile.. :p) would you mind describing life in Japan from your own experiences?

Atredies 07-01-2010 08:20 AM

japan = it has better respectable men than the mens in this awful country of new zealand.

i was born in a hellhole called wellington, new zealand, mother is american. lived in new zealand until 17, now living in the good country of united states of america and traveled around japan twice with a happy impression.

it's good to respect japan when you were born in an unfortunate country.

Nyororin 07-01-2010 09:33 AM

Japan is where I live. I`m quite content.

:mtongue:

live2love 07-01-2010 11:20 AM

Sorry, my reply is out of topic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atredies (Post 818048)
japan = it has better respectable men than the mens in this awful country of new zealand.

i was born in a hellhole called wellington, new zealand, mother is american. lived in new zealand until 17, now living in the good country of united states of america and traveled around japan twice with a happy impression.

it's good to respect japan when you were born in an unfortunate country.

aww.. that's not good to hear. But anyway, I'm assuming you have been to other cities apart from Wellington. Would you mind telling me why you think New Zealand is such an unfortunate country (apart from it having disrespectful men)?
I have no intention of arguing but although I haven't been to Wellington, i believe New Zealand is not that bad. I guess it depends on where you are situated?.. i don't know.. because I've been hearing how bad discrimination is in some parts of the country.. but I've been living in Auckland for four years now and I have enjoyed my time here so far. Also, every country have bad aspects. I actually kinda thought that America would be worse but I guess I have no right to say that since I haven't been there.

buyqubeqube 07-01-2010 11:26 AM

Japan is a very respectful Country.

Japan is a very beautiful country filled with Beautiful Japanese Girls.

willgoestocollege 07-01-2010 02:07 PM

Land of the Rising Sun.

minamo9 07-01-2010 04:33 PM

words cant describe japan really.

its just this feeling it gives you whenever you set foot on it that makes your heart bit slower and faster at the same time. hard to explain.