JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Need help creating a mixi.jp (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32596-need-help-creating-mixi-jp.html)

minamo9 07-01-2010 04:02 PM

Need help creating a mixi.jp

Heyhey,

I would like to create a account at the social networking site mixi.jp

Is there anyway to be allowed to register for non japan residents?.

Currently i am asking this because you need to have a japanese phone number to activate your account, wich i havent ofcourse.

if there are not any account verifications possible, perhaps some japanese guy on here has a spare phone number left to help me activate my account?

would be sweet.

also,are there any other japanese social networking sites besides livedoor and mixi? thanks alot in advance.

Henk.

Raingirlxd 07-01-2010 04:07 PM

Haha

I had this same problem. If you find out anything you should share the information. :D

minamo9 07-01-2010 04:07 PM

I wish. ofcourse i will share, but it would be great someone from here could help out ^^.

SHAD0W 07-01-2010 06:46 PM

A rather cheeky request.. But if you don't ask, you don't get, I suppose...

Kayci 07-02-2010 12:27 AM

I have a mixi. My friend used her friend's docomo cell to get it set up for me.
why do you want it so badly?

JayT 07-02-2010 03:18 AM

Mixi is made for Japan residents, thus why you have to have a cell phone to create one. Unless you're completely fluent in Japanese there really isn't a point in having one.

minamo9 07-02-2010 08:10 AM

Well, meeting japanese girls over a slight distance for example,

Or become friends with native speakers to get motivated to keep practicing my japanese hard.

anyway, if someone can help me please let me know, would be very much appreciated.

Henk.

SSJup81 07-02-2010 11:13 PM

Luckily for me, I was able to register without using a Japanese phone number and all that. I think the rule was changed a short while after I originally got it two years ago, so unless you can get a Japanese e-mail, I don't think you can register for mixi now. I've sent out friend requests before, but after that rule, despite having the friend invite, they still had to get a Japanese mobile number/e-mail in order to register it.

minamo9 07-03-2010 04:33 PM

Problem solved, i got a amebla instead. hehehe.

The japanese used is quite high above my level though. Gives me motivation to study much harder ofcourse.

WingsToDiscovery 07-06-2010 02:13 AM

Since it's already out, I'd like to add that if you have a university email adress, you can skip the cellphone thing.** I set up an account with my old university adress no problem, all I had to do was translate the Japanese for the rest. Not that I ever use Mixi now, though. It's either weird guys, or girls with pictures of their cat as their profile pic.

**= I didn't discover this. Credit goes to Koichi over at tofugu.com