JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
BHBadger (Offline)
New to JF

Message from a friend - 07-11-2010, 05:26 PM

Hi there,

I just got an message from a good friend but I can't seem to translate it.

I thought this might be a good place to go to find an answer.

Please let me know if you can help me out (or if this is even Kanji as I suspect that it is)

Thanks so much for your help!

(#2 (permalink))
Old
JTM (Offline)
おしゃべり野郎

07-13-2010, 01:11 AM

Is your friend Japanese? I suspect not as the kanji here is indecipherable with most of the kanji either incomplete or missing parts to them -- there's a " 宀" with nothing under it and another character "允" (in/makoto) which looks a bit out of place alone.

I can make out some of the stuff like シ(shi) and 女 (onna) in the first part; 手 (te), 安 (an) in the last part but the rest I don't know. There's a weird repeating kanji character that looks like an "L" and "E" that shows up twice. Also it is highly unusual in Japanese for a sentence to end in a kanji character like 女 without something else at the end (i.e. です)..

Either your friend tried to copy random kanji from a website/magazine or made these up.

Ask your friend what he/she is trying to say in English and then we can compare what's here to what he/she was trying to say.

70s と 80s年代 の 日本映画, CM, J-POP, TVドラマ と アクション刑事ドラマ 大好き!

Last edited by JTM : 07-13-2010 at 01:32 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-13-2010, 01:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM View Post
Is your friend Japanese? I suspect not as the kanji here is indecipherable with most of the kanji either incomplete or missing parts to them -- there's a " 宀" with nothing under it and another character "允" (in/makoto) which looks a bit out of place alone.

I can make out some of the stuff like シ(shi) and 女 (onna) in the first part; 手 (te), 安 (an) in the last part but the rest I don't know. There's a weird repeating kanji character that looks like an "L" and "E" that shows up twice. Also it is highly unusual in Japanese for a sentence to end in a kanji character like 女 without something else at the end (i.e. です)..

Either your friend tried to copy random kanji from a website/magazine or made these up.

Ask your friend what he/she is trying to say in English and then we can compare what's here to what he/she was trying to say.
I concur. This looks like gibberish.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

07-13-2010, 01:45 AM

It's a code!!

The Japanese've got somethin' goin' on over there . . .they're teasing you!! Or maybe the kanji broke . .. Or this can be their attempt at making their own language to rule the world with O_O

Your friend is very questionable!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
BHBadger (Offline)
New to JF

07-14-2010, 01:38 AM

I think it could be a code actually. It also could be in Chinese...

Thanks so much for your help. I knew a few characters, but I'm having trouble figuring out most of them.

Let me know if you think of anything else!

BHB
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

07-14-2010, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHBadger View Post
I think it could be a code actually. It also could be in Chinese...

Thanks so much for your help. I knew a few characters, but I'm having trouble figuring out most of them.

Let me know if you think of anything else!

BHB
Definitely not Chinese because it would made have made some sense to a Japanese speaker.

More than likely, that message is made by a foreigner who has no knowledge of Kanji. Reminds me of those crap SuperDry T-shirts.