JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Guys with makeup, what do you think? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/32780-guys-makeup-what-do-you-think.html)

gyl0119 07-14-2010 08:34 AM

Guys with makeup, what do you think?

So here it is, what do you think about guys with makeup.
And when I do not mean make up on special occasions, but make up on a daily or frequent bases.

Expand your imagination and express your thoughts please.

Sashimister 07-14-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gyl0119 (Post 819836)
So here it is, what do you think about guys with makeup.
And when I do not mean make up on special occasions, but make up on a daily or frequent bases.

Expand your imagination and express your thoughts please.

I wish you didn't create a new thread everytime you wondered about something.

GoNative 07-14-2010 08:41 AM

I don't even like makeup on women (my wife never uses any) so you could imagine what I think about men who use it!

gyl0119 07-14-2010 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sashimister (Post 819838)
I wish you didn't create a new thread everytime you wondered about something.

let me know where i can post to get some opinions.

KungMartin 07-14-2010 11:05 AM

I think it's really gay to wear makeup. Only jrockers do it properly, and that's because they're artists.

Columbine 07-14-2010 12:04 PM

What kind of make-up? Because the only guys I know who wear make up daily work in media and it's a routine part of their job. Doesn't make them seem weird even remotely.

Thinking back to high school, the guys who wore makeup (if ever) during the day were all the mad artistic sorts; sexuality completely aside. A few of the gay kids might slick on a bit for a night out, but that falls under 'special occasions' to me.

Does it bother me? Not really, although I probably wouldn't suit dating a guy with more cosmetics in his handbag than me.

Tsuwabuki 07-14-2010 02:22 PM

There is no room for gender discrimination on any level. That covers even the "trivial." If a guy wants to wear make up, good for him. I applaud his willingness to stand up to sexism in all its forms; not just when it's directed at women.

Shizu 07-14-2010 02:54 PM

It doesn't bother me, everybody's own decisions, he /she wants to wear makeup or not.
Actually I don't really like, when I don't see a face because of the so many layers of makeup. And I wrote this because here where I live I see so many women who wear a ton layers of makeup >_>.....
Makeup on men doesn't bother me, until it makes the face better, not worse...

Btw, I don't understand that, many European men thinks, makeup on men is disgusting and they looks like gays....
But.... I laughed at them. European men wore strong makeup for centuries, maybe their own ancestors too.. that means their ancestors was a gay? xD
For centuries both gender wore makeup, and for some reason, once they decided they don't wear it.

In western countries, so many of the men thinks hair on their face and body, ugly and aggressive words makes a man... I think, that's only disgusting. xD
In my opinion, a true man can be a man in laces and ruffles with makeup. :P

ayumiyuu 07-14-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungMartin (Post 819891)

But makeup with laces and ruffles is FVCKING gay, unless you're a j-rock artist.

....so....If ya were dressed up in laces and ruffles wit some make up, than you would turn into gay and would have a crush on men??....just because you are wearing laces and ruffles and make up.

O.O'''' WTF

WingsToDiscovery 07-14-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ayumiyuu (Post 819894)
....so....If ya were dressed up in laces and ruffles wit some make up, than you would turn into gay and would have a crush on men??....just because you are wearing laces and ruffles and make up.

O.O'''' WTF

I think he was going for more of a "for what reason would any straight male wear laces and ruffles?" (Aside from acting, I guess).

It's an anachronistic style nowadays.