JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Japania (Offline)
New to JF

Jobs - 08-01-2010, 09:18 PM

The jobless rate in the United States is 9.5 percent, Britain’s is at nearly 8 percent and Spain’s is 19.9 percent. In Hong Kong, by contrast, the unemployment rate is 4.6 percent. In Singapore — another hub of banking, legal and other white-collar positions — only 2.2 percent of people are registered as being out of work. In Australia, the jobless rate fell to 5.1 percent in June, the lowest level in nearly a year and a half.

From: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/28/bu...?_r=1&ref=jobs

What about the situation in Japan? What do you think about it? Has anyone gone to work there as an inmigrant? I'd be glad if someone shared their experience.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-02-2010, 08:12 AM

Government unemployment rate numbers are deceiving, and it's nearly impossible to get a good comparison between countries. America's unemployment numbers only include those who are receiving unemployment benefits, so the number is likely much higher, and many European countries count those who receive state unemployment benefits as "employed", which means their actual unemployment numbers are also much higher. I remember when Sweden posted an "official" unemployment rate of 8% a few years ago, but when unemployed workers who received state benefits were added to the figures, the actual unemployment rate turned out to be 27%.

In Japan the rate is about 4%. I'm not sure how the numbers are figured, but I would estimate it to be a very conservative number.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NFLJerseys (Offline)
New to JF

Smile 08-02-2010, 09:06 AM

Nowadays, work hard to find, life difficult, gap is more and more big, what reason.

Our company sales NFL Jerseys and provides rapid and safe, free shipping network marketing.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 12:05 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Japania (Offline)
New to JF

08-03-2010, 08:39 PM

Sangetsu, thank you for reminding us about the necessity to interpret correctly figures of statistics.