JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-23-2010, 02:49 AM

The sole reason I side with the US is because I believe most Americans take 9/11 not as an attack to Christianity, but an attack to Liberty and Freedom.

If it was a same old religious war, my comment would be,

"Again? You guys have been bickering for 1000 years over who the real prophet was, The Crusades and all. When do people grow up? Are Abrahamic religions really promoting peace? Or are they promoting war?"

If it's an attack to Christianity, yeah, you're right. You shouldn't let the "enemy's flag" flying high in your territory. If it's an attack to Liberty and Freedom though, Muslim aren't your enemy. Your enemy is a bunch of douchebags who don't like Liberty and Freedom, and it doesn't matter what they claim they believe in.

Last edited by cranks : 08-23-2010 at 03:13 AM.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-23-2010, 03:17 AM

Do you think the majority of Islamic people were for the attack? Do you think the majority of them think that the mosque has the significance you say it does? I'm inclined to beleive that the majority don't feel that way at all.

Something really significant that I thought of when September 11 happened was how the American government saw it fit to basically arrest "Arabic" people. One of my brother's friends was arrested (I really disliked that person, but he obviously had nothing to do with 911... so even I wouldn't have wished that on him). If "liberty and freedom" and all the bullshit that goes with those two words is so important, then how could something like that happen?

If you rewind history 50 years prior to 911, you'll notice a similar event. Although the attack on Pearl Harbor was much more obviously a government sponsored thing, a similar action took place as a result. Japanese Americans got completely shafted. Not only were they basically put into camps, but their land was taken away, so much for "Life, Liberty, and Property" (which later got switched to "the Pursuit of Happiness"). Many of my grandpas close friends and neighborhood families were subjected to that treatment. Ironically, my grandpa was a first generation American, and some of his friends whose parents and maybe even grandparetns were born in America had this happen to them.

History had basically completely repeated itself in 2 generations after 911. So in otherwords, maybe it'd be a good idea to try to learn something from 911 and the "laws" that came out of it if we are concerned about "liberty and justice for all". (I figured it'd be a good idea to leave out the "under god" to avoid religious debate).
(#103 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-23-2010, 03:24 AM

Well, I don't like you assimilate Perl Harbor to 9/11. One is clearly terrorism. One is an attack to a military facility by military force. And sorry your friend got treated like crap. Cops aren't the most liberal people wherever you go, but while I don't like cops in general, I still believe cops in the states are a bit better than cops in Iraq before the war.

I see your point and I believe 99% of Muslim people want peace. Just like 99% of Christian people do.

Last edited by cranks : 08-23-2010 at 04:02 AM.
(#104 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-23-2010, 04:02 AM

Two warnings. Three strikes we are out.
Closed Thread