JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
08-19-2010, 02:46 PM

Of England, France, Germany, Spain, Mexico, Canada and various parts of the U.S., I would say England - especially London. They are the best.

Mexico City has great ones, but you have to be very careful to be sure they are actually licensed taxis. Its a very serious risk otherwise.

New York's are efficient - most of the time, but when not they are really impossible.

Dallas - forget the idea unless you are forced. Seriously, most of them are rude, ignorant and more expensive than anywhere else on the planet. There is a good reason I have an annual pass for mass transit and my own car. Need to go to or from the airport? Call a friend and bribe them. It's my unoffical hobby.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-23-2010, 04:56 AM

Not sure about hippocampus but I've heard of a story where a Black Cab driver ripped off sightseers. 150 pounds from Heathrow to London, 20 years ago.

But, in most other places it is a given that they rip you off, and British cab drivers are generally very good, so are the Japanese ones. I've never got ripped off by an American or Canadian cab driver ether, but I speak English and I don't look a sightseer so I don't know how much value my anecdotal experience holds. I've heard Singapore is even better but It was over 20 years ago I visited there, so I don't really have the first hand experience...

Last edited by cranks : 08-23-2010 at 05:26 AM.