JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

Karma - 08-28-2010, 07:19 PM

Ok people I need to ask a question just in your opinion what is KArma and how exactly does it work...because Karma obviously isn't working out how I've been taught it would. I thought than when people did good out of the kindness of their hearts, and showed some general good will towards others good Karma would be retuned to you. Now I know that we shouldn't do good expecting godd to be returned and I don't!!! I try hard to be kind and generous, and helpful towards others but for some reason my life continues to get screwed up in the process of being a good person and the crap just piles up on top of itself!!!! What part of the freakin picture am I missing HERE!!!!

We are art...aren't we?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri02 View Post
I thought than when people did good out of the kindness of their hearts, and showed some general good will towards others good Karma would be retuned to you
Nah. Karma is more like "Everything you experience has a reason, however unreasonable it may look." So there is karma for crap pilling up on top of itself too.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranks View Post
Nah. Karma is more like "Everything you experience has a reason, however unreasonable it may look." So there is karma for crap pilling up on top of itself too.
WHAT!!! Y?

We are art...aren't we?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

08-28-2010, 08:03 PM

I'm not particularly familiar with how Karma is supposed to work... but, if you're posting this now, it means you are expecting good to be returned, despite what you're saying.

Like I said, I'm don't know that much about the belief in Karma, but, if anything, I would assume it was a test of patience; tolerance. As far as I'm aware, there's no definite deadline for things to happen... they just do, at some point in time.

In the end... just continue to do what you think is right. Maybe there are some good things that will happen in the future -- you never know.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Eiri02 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydelart View Post
I'm not particularly familiar with how Karma is supposed to work... but, if you're posting this now, it means you are expecting good to be returned, despite what you're saying.

Like I said, I'm don't know that much about the belief in Karma, but, if anything, I would assume it was a test of patience; tolerance. As far as I'm aware, there's no definite deadline for things to happen... they just do, at some point in time.

In the end... just continue to do what you think is right. Maybe there are some good things that will happen in the future -- you never know.

Thank you and No this is being posted out of rustration because the same people I do good for are the ones who are currently responsible for my troubles...u know this thread should've been called why do people stab you in the freakin back!!!!?!?!?!!!!!?

We are art...aren't we?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
cranks (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiri02 View Post
WHAT!!! Y?
Karma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karma is more like the cause in "cause and effect". There must be some "karma" for people stabbing your back. That karma may have something to do with you, or it may not.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
bearclaw (Offline)
New to JF

08-29-2010, 01:36 AM

Karma is a bitch... no sorry scratch that, if she heard me saying that I'd be paying points for it and I'm trying to save some up, confusing? I suppose so... let me clear it up.

Karma is a woman with unpredictable mood swings filled obscure divine purpose and powers. I'm not too sure why she's here except perhabs trying to save humanities soul with her obscure and complicated view on good and bad, or maybe she's just trying to save me even though I assured her that I don't need it.

The basics on the karmic rules are simple, you are awarded points according to your behaviour for example you get between 1 and 3 points for helping an old lady across the street (points depends on urgency and importance) but you'll need to pay 5-6 points for kicking a 12 year old bully mocking you so basicly if you help 2-3 old ladies across the street you can kick the bully for free... it's all about balancing the points.

The more problematic issue is when something good happens to you it gets subtracted from your karma points and if you don't have much of it you can easily end in the negative zone... and if she thinks that you have too many negative points or that you're not trying to earn some karma points she'll fix that for you by making life difficult for you and let you earn the points that way... sometimes she might have something good in store for you but you just don't have the points and doesn't seem like you'll get them in the near future so she might give you some points by making your life even harder...

For example you might get a kick in the nut out of the blue and your pants might crack just as you bend while trying to impress some girl(s) only to find out a few days later that you have won the lottery!!
I know here you're thinking "but that doesn't make sense, I can just feed hungry street cats and be millionair on the mentioned lottery in no time" but no it's not that easy... continued work to earn points only deflate the value of it and hence you'll earn less and less... meaning the 6'th time you help the same helpless lady across the street might earn you only 0,2 points!!
The trick is to mix it and try hit the high pay points!

Another problem is that she usually send one of her minions to do the work, I mean just think about it there is only one of her and a lot of people out there... the problem is her minions have mind and opinion of their own and with their OWN mood swings (damn girls) so you can easily risk getting someone who thinks that the point you actually earned is a lot less in her book... (allthough the reverse is also true) so as you can see you need to be smart about this and do your math on it
I hope it helps and if you need help with calculating your points just let me know... I could use the points

yes
yes
yes
end fire
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

08-29-2010, 02:15 AM

That's a nice way of putting it, bearclaw.

Good first post. lol
(#9 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

08-29-2010, 02:20 AM

You can say it's building up for something BLOODY AWSOME to happen to you,

OR

Good things ARE happening, but you're expecting too much, or something more noticibally good to happen to you.

Ya' know how parents raise their kids and go all out for them to raise great people? Well, in a way, we are all parents. We do kind things so that our hearts become pure hearts, hearts that understand more and more of life's hardships as time passes so that you become happy from the simpile good things, I always believed kindness is doing things for people but not expecting anything in return. The reward, the return comes in the pride that you did something good.

Best of Luck!!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-29-2010, 05:31 AM

The good things happen when you aren't expecting them, same as the bad. I had bad situations in my life caused by others and they all got a lot worse than I could have thought up for revenge. One got liver cancer and died! Believe in Karma, I do.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!