LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2010, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiuchimu View Post
I'm sure the fisherman thought he was in Chinese waters. I don't like how the Koreans took over Takeshima Island by military force, I don't want to see my country of Japan doing the same thing. The dispute over the island should be done with scientist and archaeologist from many nations including the U.S. and Europe to determine who has been using the island over the centuries. This goes for Takeshima too. Let's find out the facts once and for all. Not just drive people out at gun point.
Treaty of San Francisco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Category:International courts and tribunals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff

Last edited by siokan : 09-22-2010 at 06:10 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
chiuchimu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2010, 04:23 PM

^ I know the basics of the issues.
What is your focus? What are you trying to point out to me?

(#13 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2010, 06:43 PM

I think it's nothing to do with the fisherman or that micro-island. That's just what we see on the face.The problem is about Chinese hidden agendas. Chinese still using hatred to Japanese to ignite its nationalism attitude. I know that the island is a factor in the problem too, but the main factor is about Nanjing, and hey that's some 60 years ago.

I know that we should settle the problem in legal way, but you know I don't think law can stop hatred. As long as some crazy politicians and some extreme people in China still propagate about hating Japan, there are no way to stop this situation.

Last edited by Qayin : 09-22-2010 at 06:47 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
edelweiss (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2010, 09:25 PM

Qayin - I think there is a bit of a "two way street" at work with this with both sides using it to their advantage when needs be. On the whole I completely agree with you.

I am very concerned about the growing groups of "Nationalists" on all sides of this and in other parts of the world. I wish the government(s) would not stir up these radical feelings amongst a vocal minority to give their agendas the appearance of a majority in the news. It's happening here as well and it is scary stuff.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
09-22-2010, 11:14 PM

There is no doubt that China would use this situation to flex it political clout. Though i think of this as a small issue it would be very easy for China to turn it into a major problem. Chinese hidden agendas are just that hidden but we get a glimpse of it every now and then. Does here think that China would not use this situation to their advantage. I dont hate China by any means but i feel Japan needs to be defended and protected more highly than i value China's position. This is how it starts and its funny this happens after i posted my views on the Japan-US alliance in chiuchimu's thread. If people think China is not testing how much they can get away with you surely mistaken.

(#16 (permalink))
Old
Qayin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edelweiss View Post
Qayin - I think there is a bit of a "two way street" at work with this with both sides using it to their advantage when needs be. On the whole I completely agree with you.

I am very concerned about the growing groups of "Nationalists" on all sides of this and in other parts of the world. I wish the government(s) would not stir up these radical feelings amongst a vocal minority to give their agendas the appearance of a majority in the news. It's happening here as well and it is scary stuff.
Actually I don't concern much about Japanese nationalistic attitude nowaday. I know there are some crazy nationalists like governor Ishihara Shintarou, but I think that Japan is a democracy country with very high degree of freedom of speech, so I think nationalistic propaganda is not that big issue in Japan.

But in the other hand, China is still be fascist-like communism country, so when compare to democracy states like US, Japan, France I think that propaganda is much stronger and much more effective in China because of its non-democracy nature. That's what I afraid of.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-28-2010, 02:50 AM

It's about raw resources. China is trying to increase it's assets in that region and is also trying to tap into natural gas sites close to disputed territory. They are pushing the envalope to see how strong the reaction is.

Everything politically comes down to resources and land.