LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-11-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
Wow . . . I'm sorry about your parents . . .that's truly amazing that you're that strong . .. and have such optimistic views of life . . .that's just . . .wow.

My favorite part of life is not being so angry at the darkness in moments like these, because the dark things that happen may be things we wish we could erase, but it brings out moments like these, in people, in places, and in miracles that just take your breath away.

Thank You

Hi Manga fan.Without darkness we would never appreciate the Light.

Often internal darkness is the time to explore and be creative-- when our emotions are fired then we can be most creative.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-11-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
That's sweet =)

I pray we can all enjoy life . . .always . . .

You know that we need to appreciate our lives. We do not always have to enjoy it. That could be boring and thoughtless. Its making the best of our lives and being grateful for what we do have, rather than complain about what we don't have.

So many people in this world have extremely tough lives and challenges, especially where Mother Nature floods their homes etc etc.

I am really fortunate to live where I do. I appreciate that I can go just a mile to the sea-- have countryside within a few minutes car drive or walking or riding---------------

Large town seven miles away-- which I avoid if I can.

I have my own home-- and that is why I am so fortunate.

this famous saying is helpful really:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things
I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference

I have blind friends-- who have gone through their whole lives-- they do not complain about their blindness-- they have just got on with their lives and become involved in various activities. I used to help out at conferences run by an organisation of the blind-- and WOW they sure know how to have fun. They dance the night away-- and many play the piano-- they are fantastic. do I hear them complain?-- Never. they are very close in friendship and loyal to each other.

I admire them very much because I think I would go crazy if I lost my sight.

there is so much to admire in those who have disabilities to overcome.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 10-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
motoaavtar (Offline)
New to JF

10-12-2010, 11:48 AM

I have not travelled the world-- I love my own country very much. I bred dogs for almost fifty years and also showed them around the UK. several of my dogs went to live in AMerica, germany and sweden. I made many friends through our mutual love for our dogs.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
10-12-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motoaavtar View Post
I have not travelled the world-- I love my own country very much. I bred dogs for almost fifty years and also showed them around the UK. several of my dogs went to live in AMerica, germany and sweden. I made many friends through our mutual love for our dogs.
But have you lived? I'm asking because you just talked about dogs. And before anyone goes off the deep end, I'm not attacking you; I'm just asking a question.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

10-12-2010, 08:54 PM

well yes, I did what I loved doing most--------- Ho wmany of us can say that?

I did not yearn for impossible things-- I aimed to produce beautiful sound healthy dogs and I made many friends.

I chose what I wanted to do after all I had no family as a child-- having my own children was a plus-- I had a loving husband-- very lucky--but breeding and showing dogs was exactly what I wished to do. It was a challenge to breed good specimens with great temperaments.

I have never wanted to travel the world. I love my own country. growing up during the war-- I was grateful for what I had. My childhood was spent in many foster homes and childrens homes. I had to make my own way in the world when Ileft school--no family to help out. I Preferred animals to human beings. I could not trust human beings for a very long time-- even now I prefer my dogs. I can trust them--How many human beings can I trust? dogs don't judge us either.

Many children were migrated to Australia canada and New Zealand and Rhodesia.

I was able to help some of them trace their family in more recent years.

I loved my scottish dancing very much. I don't think I had high expectations.

Just knew what I wanted and was fortunate enough to do it.

I have worked with animals most of my adult life. Ilove animals very much.

answer me this What is Your idea of living then? I haven't mentioned everything I have done but I also love books and music making and art.

I love dogs-- pure and simple. My dogs have given much happiness to my customers through the years.

Last edited by dogsbody70 : 10-12-2010 at 09:00 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
HikoSeijuro (Offline)
New to JF

10-25-2010, 06:10 AM

[quote=dogsbody70;832664]
answer me this What is Your idea of living then?

Living to me is living for everyone else.

If you can help enough people get what they want...you can have everything that you want.

This can be perceived in terms of financial or materilistic gain - a good sales person helps enough people get what they really want so the sales person can get what he/she really wants... "a paycheck"

or esoterically / spiritually - a priest / missionary / philosopher helps people see the consequences of their actions so the priest / missionary / philosopher realizes the consequences of their own actions (i.e. by leading people to God...the "truth"..etc the priest / missionary / philosopher has increased his/her own sense of purpose / sense of worth)

or just being a person who helps put a smile on someone else's face helps put a smile on your face.

I'm sure there are others.

btw: this face is pretty inappropriate ...and i like that.

Life is a marathon; not a 40 yard dash.

A superior psychology, mastery of self, and a clean arse are the keys to happiness.

Last edited by HikoSeijuro : 10-25-2010 at 06:13 AM.