JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

What is Living To You? - 09-26-2010, 12:57 AM

What kind of things do you think must be done to be "living"? I think living means finding a balance between appreciating simple things, but not being afraid to be adventurous when the oppurtunities come.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-26-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
What kind of things do you think must be done to be "living"? I think living means finding a balance between appreciating simple things, but not being afraid to be adventurous when the oppurtunities come.
I believe living is to see the world, and meet all types of people. Living is to gain knowledge and explore. It doesn't really matter what you have (in physical possession), as long as you have food, shelter, and some form of hobby. You don't always need more and better.

You should listen to people, but not follow them.

(shrugs) it's kinda hard to explain ;/.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-26-2010, 02:01 AM

Read the book of Ecclesiastes in the bible (which is probably the most interesting part as it is the least religious), which is where such quotes as "there is a time for all seasons", and "rejoice young man in thy youth" come from. King Solomon was a wise man, and discusses the issue of life and living in interesting detail.

I think it was Francis Bacon who said "a wise man makes more opportunities than he finds".
(#4 (permalink))
Old
YukisUke (Offline)
Konichiwa, bitches

Send a message via AIM to YukisUke Send a message via Yahoo to YukisUke
09-29-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
In my opinion, "living" is to be able to live my life the way I see fit and to not give a damn about what others say. It's to be adventurous and to not be afraid to take challenges head-on. And when you're done living, be thankful that you had the chance to discover what "living" is. I hope that makes since to everyone. PM me if you understand/didn't understand what I said.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MuRaSaKiiNkI (Offline)
一番村ちゃん

Send a message via Skype™ to MuRaSaKiiNkI
09-30-2010, 04:27 AM

Living is, like Yukis says, loving who you are, what you want to do, and going through life without regrets. Life's too short, why stress over something you can't change, didn't cause, and/or won't affect you much ten years from now? When I'm in a bind, I always pause and ask myself, is this really important, so much I have to stress about it and give myself a headache and sore feet? Most of the times the answer is no.

Also, don't be afraid--people don't care what you do, just crack open your shell and have some adventure.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-30-2010, 04:58 AM

The only real goal I have in living is to be happy. The real challenge of course is to be truly honest with yourself about the things that make you happy (not just what makes your friends or family happy) and having the courage to make life decisions that you allow to do these things more often.

My moving to live and work in a ski resort in Japan for example was a huge life changing event. I took a massive pay decrease and gave up a successful career in Australia to follow one of my great passions in life. Luckily my wife indulged me in this somewhat crazy scheme. We moved away from everything we knew, our friends and family mostly just so I could indulge more in the thing that makes me happier than anything else in this world, skiing deep powder snow. A bit selfish of me I guess but to be truly happy I think you have to be a little selfish.

I've certainly never been happier!

Last edited by GoNative : 09-30-2010 at 05:39 AM.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Karolina (Offline)
New to JF

09-30-2010, 03:22 PM

in my opinion is to live your life the best you can,enjoy every simple day,you never know what can happend tmrw to you,maybe you will die? so...enjoy you r life in full,do things you like,make your good dreams come true,because we are the ones who can make this happend
(#8 (permalink))
Old
sdrupom10 (Offline)
New to JF

What is Living To You? - 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM

I want to living freely. My hobby is meeting any type of people.
I like song,music,story book etc.
I want to travel world.
Thanks.

retouching
(#9 (permalink))
Old
honoraryjapanesegirl (Offline)
Holy Dattebayo, Batman!!

Send a message via Yahoo to honoraryjapanesegirl
10-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Seeking God and His prupose for my life. To encourage others, and to fulfill the Great Commision of going out and making disciples. If I do this, I am living life to the fullest. :]

~Honorary~

P.S. Sangetsu -- I love Ecclesiastes hahaha; that and Philipians, Ephesians, and Galatians. :] ♥

~...Why must the different be cast away, be cast into a deep, dark pit of loneliness, being mocked and scorned as the the enemy...and eventually...become it...?~
~HonoraryJapaneseGirl~
~.::{Akatsuki Clan Member--Leader of California}::.~
~.::{Michiko Manami}::.~

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

10-01-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
What kind of things do you think must be done to be "living"?
1.) Breathing
2.) Thinking

I don't know the purpose of life, and I don't think I ever will, in my lifetime. As for life values, I believe one should live with the desire to have the genuine capacity to be humble and respectful towards life itself... To strive for the ability to appreciate and observe life from a truly objective standpoint while being able to maintain one's humanity. Whether or not it is possible to achieve remains to be said. I guess, basically, I believe life should be lived with a sense of honor or, atleast, an awareness and acknowledgment thereof. Decisions and actions depend solely upon the individual, and I can only criticize a person to a certain extent without implicating my own self-perceived flaws.

You'll be living, regardless of anything you do.
"It's the thought that counts" is cliché but not entirely irrelevant... is my answer. I hope it makes sense.