JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Japanese loves coffee? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/34138-japanese-loves-coffee.html)

leo78778 10-04-2010 07:57 PM

Japanese loves coffee?

hi everyone,
im wondering if coffee is popular in japan or not?
im from indonesia, and i have the most delicious coffee in the world.
the most expensive too, civet coffee.
i plan to go to Japan and try to sell my product in japan.
But before i go, maybe anyone can help me about how is the coffee market in Japan?
does Japanese loves to drink coffee?

Suki 10-04-2010 08:23 PM

I'd say coffee is popular everywhere in the world now. They have Starbucks over there, that should give you some clue. :)

Aniki 10-05-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leo78778 (Post 831637)
im from indonesia, and i have the most delicious coffee in the world.
the most expensive too, civet coffee.

You mean that type of coffee that is made from the beans that were crapped out by Civets? I kinda doubt there will be many who Japanese who'd want to pay 50$ for a cup of coffee... but, of course I might be wrong.

spicytuna 10-05-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniki (Post 831663)
You mean that type of coffee that is made from the beans that were crapped out by Civets? I kinda doubt there will be many who Japanese who'd want to pay 50$ for a cup of coffee... but, of course I might be wrong.

Are you kidding? The Japanese are the largest consumers of Kopi Luwak in the world.

MMM 10-05-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniki (Post 831663)

I saw that on a TV show in Japan. The "talento" went nuts for it.

Aniki 10-05-2010 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 831664)
Are you kidding? The Japanese are the largest consumers of Kopi Luwak in the world.

I stand corrected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 831665)
I saw that on a TV show in Japan. The "talento" went nuts for it.

Talento?

GoNative 10-05-2010 12:40 AM

Don't think I've ever seen a Japanese program where the talento didn't go nuts over just about anything they tried! ;)

MMM 10-05-2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aniki (Post 831667)
Talento?

Tarento - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

leo78778 10-05-2010 11:21 AM

kopi luwak (civet coffee) definitely is the best coffee. if you have tried it, you would know what the difference.
the taste very smooth.
anyway, does anyone know where i can try to sell this product in japan?

spoonybard 10-05-2010 09:30 PM

Actually, as with everything, the best coffee is really a matter of opinion. Most people agree that Indonesian coffee in general is not for everyone. If you really want to see what everybody else thinks, Where is the Best Coffee in the World?
Best Coffee in The World Coffee Review :: The World's Leading Coffee Buying Guide The Best Coffee in the World | Latin Lounge

Long story short, it appears as if Brazilian is the favorite, although again, it's really a matter of opinion. I've never had Brazilian coffee, I hate Starbucks, and really, the only coffee I like is the one from my own island, to me, all the others leave something to be desired.I don't drink that much anymore, as it's not really healthy anyway.