JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
geneariani (Offline)
New to JF

Buying Japanese prescription glasses from USA - 10-14-2010, 08:36 PM

A year ago I saw frames from a company called four nines at Isetan in Tokyo: Four Nines
At the time I did not needed reading glasses and now I do and I would love to have frames from this company.
since then I have tried to find a dealer in US or the way to order these from japan. I can not even find a contact email on their site. I know there are companies that can order products from Japan for you if you provide them a URL to product to purchase online. However these glasses require someone to go to store and pick them up. Any service that can do this?

Any suggestions?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kamalislam18 (Offline)
New to JF

10-15-2010, 01:38 PM

It’s quite possible that Chinese officials did not care for the “subversive” political message featured in the film. In “Avatar,” the Na’vi people struggle to protect their land from greedy colonizers looking to suck out all of the “Unobtanium” from below the sacred Na’vi home-tree. For some Chinese bloggers, there is a connection between the Na’vi and the many Chinese kicked out of their homes by property developers.

When I saw “Avatar” with my 3D glasses on, I could not help but draw parallels between the plight of the Na’vi and the current cultural and environmental crises facing Tibetans. While the Chinese government’s methods do not (yet) employ giant robot men and enormous bomb-dropping spaceships against Tibetans, their exploitative policies have fueled deep resentment among Tibetans. After a half century of mineral extraction, heavy logging, damming and nomad resettlement in Tibet, not to mention cultural repression and assimilation, it is not surprising that “Avatar” could touch a nerve.