JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Brass (Offline)
JF Regular

Does the Yakuza allow forgieners to join? - 10-18-2010, 11:23 PM

Assume this post is for educational purposes only.

I would suspect the Yakuza is native Japanese only but I was wondering if they make any exceptions to this rule if you have proven yourself to them. Of course you would not rise to any high positions but I wonder if any foreigners have made it into the lower level of the family.

If not, is it possible to get a job working for them if you are a foreigner?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-19-2010, 02:35 AM

I hear they only accept guys who are attractive enough to pick up Japanese girls.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnthonyHisashi (Offline)
Metal Artist :D

Send a message via MSN to AnthonyHisashi
10-19-2010, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
I hear they only accept guys who are attractive enough to pick up Japanese girls.
step back and Let me handle this then guys haha jk
xDDD

Hmmm Cool.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-19-2010, 03:07 AM

I've never heard of a foreigner being accepted into the Yakuza but then I haven't really looked at it too much. I have had quite a bit of contact with the local Yakuza in my area and have helped them with advice on ideas on businesses that the foreign tourists that come here may be interested in. Overall though, like anywhere in the world, unless you're a crimnal yourself it's best not to get involved with organised criminal organisations. Good way to get your butt kicked out of Japan for good.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
BakaTensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to BakaTensei
10-19-2010, 03:10 AM

cant help but be impressed by their tattoos
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)

10-19-2010, 06:27 AM

Half the swastika-wearing nationalist nuts driving the black speaker trucks around Japan are Yakuza. The only foreigners who work for the yaks are the occasional Nigerian hustlers, and prostitutes. You aren't very bright if you want to associate yourself with these animals.

Most people who are gangsters because they were too stupid to pass the junior high school entrance exams, or they committed enough crimes in their youth that their records are too bad to get a regular job.

Wanting to be in the Yakuza is worse than wanting to be a garbage collector or a slaughter house worker, why are you aiming so low? Yaks are simply people who, through stupidity or irresponsibility, can't do anything better. It's not cool to be a gangster, and these tattooed losers are held in contempt by Japanese society.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

10-19-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Half the swastika-wearing nationalist nuts driving the black speaker trucks around Japan are Yakuza. The only foreigners who work for the yaks are the occasional Nigerian hustlers, and prostitutes. You aren't very bright if you want to associate yourself with these animals.

Most people who are gangsters because they were too stupid to pass the junior high school entrance exams, or they committed enough crimes in their youth that their records are too bad to get a regular job.

Wanting to be in the Yakuza is worse than wanting to be a garbage collector or a slaughter house worker, why are you aiming so low? Yaks are simply people who, through stupidity or irresponsibility, can't do anything better. It's not cool to be a gangster, and these tattooed losers are held in contempt by Japanese society.
What do you mean by that? Since when wanting to be a garbage collector or a slaughter house worker is a bad thing?

I wonder what would happen if every garbage collector stop doing their work. I can already sense the freshy smell in the morning.

Oh! And by the way, I don't know how's in the States or in Japan, but here in Europe (mostly) "garbage collector" (night shift) is actually a relatively well payed job.

Edit:

On Topic: Yes, there are alot of people. Just google it.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.

Last edited by JasonTakeshi : 10-19-2010 at 07:18 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
10-19-2010, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
What do you mean by that? Since when wanting to be a garbage collector or a slaughter house worker is a bad thing?

I wonder what would happen if every garbage collector stop doing their work. I can already sense the freshy smell in the morning.

Oh! And by the way, I don't know how's in the States or in Japan, but here in Europe (mostly) "garbage collector" (night shift) is actually a relatively well payed job.

Edit:

On Topic: Yes, there are alot of people. Just google it.
Just to address the respect of a job~
A job is not respectable based on it's pay but the idea that society has of it.

In a kitchen, the dish washer is the least favoured job, yet the absolute most important in the entire kitchen.
Most people, when they hear "dish washer", they think of a low income, low class person working the position, while the chef is held in higher regard.
>.>'''

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

10-19-2010, 08:16 AM

pfff...let there be dish washers rather than those millions on pointless office jobs that achieve nothing, create nothing and are created for sole purpose of satisfying lazy Americans who are ok with their lives in the cube.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou (Offline)

Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
10-19-2010, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
pfff...let there be dish washers rather than those millions on pointless office jobs that achieve nothing, create nothing and are created for sole purpose of satisfying lazy Americans who are ok with their lives in the cube.
Alas, an office job has become a 'respectable' position in this society~
>.>'

In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.