JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Aeneas (Offline)
New to JF

Konnichiwa. Looking for a friend - 11-05-2010, 12:48 AM

Greetings everyone,

I hope I'm allowed to post here. I've been friends with a JP person whom I met back in high school here in North America. After graduation my friend went back to Japan but we've managed to keep in touch almost daily. About 10 years ago my friend has been diagnosed with a heart condition (the most common one CAD - Coronary Artery Disease) and has been living with it ever since. She does not keep in touch with her family nor does she have a large group of friends. She's had 2 mild heart attacks in 2008 and one in 2010. I haven't heard anything from her in over 2 weeks which scares me. I've tried contacting her with no success. Chances are she is either in ICU or dead. I can't live not knowing so I'm asking for your help. Is there a particular website or newspaper column where I could find obituaries? My nihongo isn't good enough but I can manage with Google translate. The person in question lives in Saitama. Any kind of help or input would be kindly appreciated. Thank you/Arigatou gozaimasu. m(_ _)m
(#2 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

11-05-2010, 10:08 PM

Google Translation . . .would only make things seem worse or give you some very wrong answers because English and Japanese are too different to be converted by a robot.

Best of luck to you and her family and modtly to her.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.