JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
camille75012 (Offline)
New to JF

Good ryokan in Nikko! - 11-13-2010, 05:44 PM

Hello everyone,
My name is Camille, I 've lived in Tokyo for a year as an english teacher. I haven't travelled much around Japan yet but many people I met told me to go check out the city of Nikko which is only only 150km away from Tokyo. That's what I did last week and i loved it! This place is really one to see! Surrended by mountains, forests and temples all over, it's very beautiful.
I spent two days there and stayed in a ryokan for the night. Going to one of these traditional japanese accomodation was an experience I didn't want to miss here and I found a great place called the FUNAMISOU ryokan only 30 minutes away from Nikko.
It was absolutely gorgeous. The staff who spoke english was very nice to us, the tatami room was big and the view over the balcony, with the mountains, the big lake and waterfall was amazing. When we got there after our whole day exploring the city, they gave us yukattas to wear and we had the best suki yaki ever with huge portions! For digestion, there's nothing better than having a hot spring bath with its stunning view over the mountains to relax our body! The breakfast was also traditional and they served us soup, rice and fish which I usually don't really like eating in the morning but it was actually really good!
I really advice anyone looking for a nice ryokan to stay at that place, especially if you're planning on visiting Nikko.
You can find pictures of the place follonwing this link : Ryokan Funamisou - Nikko, Japan | Home
I hope this tip will make some of you have a nice time in Nikko!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

11-14-2010, 03:34 AM

I hope that is around when I go! Thank you for sharing!

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
camille75012 (Offline)
New to JF

11-22-2010, 03:42 AM

No problem! Enjoy