LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-29-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
It's amazing to me how America stays in SK and also in Okinawa, considering how much the local people hate them.
The truth of the situation is money, as it always is.
I think your assertion is a bit of a generalization.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-29-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy0000 View Post
I never posted what 'I thought ' about Pat Buchanan?
Geez... Maybe I didn't make it clear enough... but I was trying to tell you that while it is interesting what you are telling me. I don't care.

All that matters to me is that he is a politician with considerable status and he is saying something that makes a little bit of sense.

In other words.. You can make this thread about Pat Buchanan if you like. You might find someone who'll talk to you about it. But I'm more interested in what he's saying.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-29-2010 at 09:35 AM.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
siokan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-29-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Japan is the world's 3rd largest economy.. It's not like it can't fill in the gap the US will leave open.

South Korea is not exactly a poor country either.
It is money and time that becomes a problem when Japan and South Korea harden defense power.

Please permit poor English. orz
Cryptanalysis is necessary for you.
set a goal:English at the same level as Johan Cruyff
(#24 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta wrong - 11-29-2010, 06:22 PM

Ronin4hire-
Pat Buchanan has not run for a political office since his 'stunning' political performance in the 2000' US presidential elections, your'e 'BFF' Pat Buchanan finished fourth with 449,895 votes, 0.4% of the popular vote running on the ticket of the 'The Reform Party'

Sorry to pop your'e bubble but Pat Buchanan is not a political force in the US? Unless you consider winning 0.4% a mandate Ronin4hire?

Pat Buchanan is a media pundit that promotes his magazine and his books and changes political partys like people change socks. Whatever benefits Pat
If you bothered to actually examine US politics you could not find one elected office or political race that dear old Pat Buchanan won?

Since his political career started in 1966' Pat Buchanan never been elected to any elective office in the US or planet earth ever.

Pat Buchanan is on the fringe of US politics just to the right of the 'crop circles' behind the aisle with the 'tin foil hats'.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-29-2010, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Ronin4hire-

Sorry to pop your'e bubble but Pat Buchanan is not a political force in the US? Unless you consider winning 0.4% a mandate Ronin4hire?
Well according to you he was involved in previous administrations. He may not have much political force nowadays. But when he says stuff... people listen.

It just so happens that the stuff this guy is saying in this particular article resonates with me.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
fluffy0000 (Offline)
FJ to JF

again sorta not - 11-29-2010, 07:07 PM

The last adminstration Pat Buchanan served - as a White House Communications Director from 1985 to 1987 was under Pres. Ronald Reagan.
Besides having happened over 2 decades ago and Pat Buchanan being right there in the center of 'Iran Contra Scandal' that almost toppled the Reagan administration and promoting the contras to overthrow a democratically elected Nicaraga government.
This particular period would not be something Pat Buchanan would put in his political resume.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-29-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
The last adminstration Pat Buchanan served - as a White House Communications Director from 1985 to 1987 was under Pres. Ronald Reagan.
Besides having happened over 2 decades ago and Pat Buchanan being right there in the center of 'Iran Contra Scandal' that almost toppled the Reagan administration and promoting the contras to overthrow a democratically elected Nicaraga government.
This particular period would not be something Pat Buchanan would put in his political resume.
Geez... I get it.... you don't like him.

By the sounds of it I wouldn't either.

Let me repeat myself

Quote:
It just so happens that the stuff this guy is saying in this particular article resonates with me.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

11-29-2010, 09:50 PM

All things are about national interests. If it effects US intersts they will do something, if it doesn't, they may not.