JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

12-18-2010, 12:45 PM

well. on Christmas with my family...haven't been around much since my university and my new place is some distance from them.
new years...em. big party like usual - mby at my place (i have a bathhouse) or at my friends who also has one and then jumping in the frozen lake.
tradition is to pour luck talismans out of tin horseshoes on new years eve. aside from that - well, going to sauna, having drinks and smoking lots of waterpipe just like every other party
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

12-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Nothing. I'll pretend that Christmas and New Year doesn't exist and spend them just like any other day. After what happened at the last new year's party, this year I want my holidays to be as quiet as possible.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

12-18-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Nothing. I'll pretend that Christmas and New Year doesn't exist and spend them just like any other day. After what happened at the last new year's party, this year I want my holidays to be as quiet as possible.
Kinda have the same feeling. Remembering my last new year's party is synonymous of puke.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
12-19-2010, 10:18 AM

I might go to a Christmas gathering on Christmas day that I was invited to. I haven't decided yet. I plan on video chatting with my family when it's Christmas morning for them.

On the 22nd, I'm going on an overnight trip to a Ryokan/Onsen. And on the 28th, I'm going on a shopping trip with a friend in Sendai.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Umihito (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-29-2010, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
What are you studying?
I'm studying A-Levels (not sure what the equivalent is for your country) in Film Studies, Geography and Photography.
Lots od studying for all though, because exams are looming ever closer...