JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 01:02 PM

Anyone else find it more than just a little bit weird that you would be planning to visit prostitutes in another country? Just seems so damned creepy to me...
But then I have never sought out the services of a prostitute in any country and don't quite understand the allure
(#22 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-13-2011, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Anyone else find it more than just a little bit weird that you would be planning to visit prostitutes in another country? Just seems so damned creepy to me...
But then I have never sought out the services of a prostitute in any country and don't quite understand the allure

Remember who started this thread....
(#23 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Don't be surpirse, but I know people who would visit another country just for that reason

I took a few friends with me to Japan in 2007, including me, there were only 2 orientals in that group. My Italian friend really want to visit a strip joint so I took them. I had a hard enough time taking them to a strip joint in Osaka (Juso OS or something), it cost me a bit of broken conversation with the old man sitting at the front to let us in, even after entering, the bouncer (i will call them that, but I am sure they are associated with a family) keep walking by us. Its not a form of discrimination, they are just extra careful with a foreigner.

That was with a strip join. And as far as I know, any establishment that provide any kind of sexual services will most likely NOT let a foreigner in.... there are exceptions I am sure, but very very rare

Hostess bar is completely different story, the aim was no to sell sex, but to sell expensive overpriced drinks...

If your interest is just in prostitution (Oriental to be specific), you should go to Thailand or Philippine, or China.... Japan is just not the place for it. Unfortunately, contradict to popular believes, Non-Orientals attract attention in Japan because they stood out as minority and nothing else....
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Having sex with someone from a different country is a turn on. To me, anyway. I dunno if it's just me or there're people out there who feel that way. As a woman, I don't find appealing the idea of having sex with a person who does so for a living, and I doubt I'd feel any differently about it if I were a male. However, I do understand the thrill that comes with sleeping with a stranger who doesn't speak the same language as you, for some weird reason. But before paying a hooker I'd try to get someone do it for free, someone who'd be willing to try the same experience.

Going to a strip club doesn't mean you're getting laid. On the contrary, most strip clubs forbid the girls to have any kind of contact with the customers.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#25 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Are you talking about Mizu-shoubai? [水商売, The "water trade"]

I have been in plenty of hostess bars, and is the OPPOSITE of how they run their businesses. By being flirtatious and cute the hostesses can keep the customers coming back again and again. The whole point is, once she has sex with her customer the mystery is gone, and chances are he will not want to spend any more money on her. Hostess bars capitalize on a man's ego and desire to score.
Thanks, water-trade that is the word I was scratching my brain for.

I am confused, you said you have seem the opposite, then went on to explain that there is no prostitution in host bars. That is what I said. It is very rare to have anything above a massage (ie light flirting)
What is opposite?

Quote:
A club where illegal SE Asian women are employed as prostitutes would be considered for bottom dwellers. 99% of hostess bars in Japan are staffed by Japanese women, and no prostitution is involved.
again that is what I said, the places of actual prostitution are the SE women in low class establishments.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
princessmarisa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-13-2011, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
I didn't say hostess bars are borthels. I'm not expecting any sexual service there. Just drinks and conversations with pretty women. Money is not an issue (hopefully).

I am expecting sexual services at the massage parlors however, so I am looking for ones that let foreigners in. But if I can't find any that may be something I do after moving to Japan and getting friendly with the local yakuza.
I really hope the last part about moving to Japan then getting to know the Yakuza is a joke!

If you want to have conversations in Hostess bars better hope your Japanese is up to scratch, although これはとても高い飲物ですよ is probably all you'll be able to remember when the bills comes.

Japan is not really a place for foreigners to come for prostitution I feel, it exists in various guises for the locals, but as MMM and someone else said it seems foreigners are really not welcome, as this amounts to some kind of sexual tourism, which is not a great reputation for Japan to be giving out really.

I am sure there are other parts of Asia you can go for sex tourism.

As for clubs and bars, there are various websites I sure you can find that explain good places for gaijin to have a good time and even chat-up/pick-up women.

tokyoclubbers.com

Seemed a good explanation to me, but I have not been drinking really whilst in Japan so can't vouch for the accuracy of it.

Fighting ignorance and slaying a few narutards whilst I am at it.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

01-13-2011, 03:08 PM

In the Gotanda (Tokyo) area, appropriately nicknamed "Hoetanda," you'll get propositioned for sexual services every ten meters. I only thought it was HJs and whatever at first, but a friend told me first hand it's actual intercourse. I'm pretty sure it's with SE Asian women though. And they accept foreign customers because they specifically target you and will ask in English.

I'm kind of curious if anyone can answer a question though. People always say that cops have nothing to do here in Japan, yet there are "pimps" all over the major stations on weekends. Why don't the cops deal with this?

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#28 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-13-2011, 03:09 PM

If a foreigner can't get laid within a few hours of stepping foot inside the average dance club then he's got some serious problem.
Just in case it's not the same everywhere in Japan, the places I know for sure are the Sam&Dave clubs in Osaka and especially Kyoto and I've heard it's the same in all major cities.
The concept of paying for sex just blows my mind.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

01-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
I'm kind of curious if anyone can answer a question though. People always say that cops have nothing to do here in Japan, yet there are "pimps" all over the major stations on weekends. Why don't the cops deal with this?
The sex trade in all it's forms is legal so long as penetration doesn't occur. Assuming the organization has registered itself, check out デリヘル.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

01-13-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
The sex trade in all it's forms is legal so long as penetration doesn't occur. Assuming the organization has registered itself, check out デリヘル.
Yeah, I've heard of the "no penetration" standard, but there are plenty of people I've talked to who've gone all the way, and most of the time I'm propositioned it's for "full service." All a cop would have to do is either do an underground sting or just follow the pimp back to their shop, kick down the door, and see what activities are taking place.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography