JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Danb159 (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Surely everyone has to learn somewhere, I have no expectations of japan at all, as I have never been, so can not judge what it or its people are like.. However its like people are already looking down at me for wanting to learn
You yourself learnt at some point?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danb159 View Post
Surely everyone has to learn somewhere, I have no expectations of japan at all, as I have never been, so can not judge what it or its people are like.. However its like people are already looking down at me for wanting to learn
You yourself learnt at some point?
I came to Japan expecting it to be same shit different pile basically. I was honestly pleasantly surprised, because Japan actually is a little better than many other places imo, but still just a little.

All I'm saying is that if you portray yourself as a japan-fan then there are way more than enough sick-of-japan or i-miss-home or sick-of-japan-fans kind of gaijin around here to make you become one of the gaijin-haters lol.

The foreigners in Japan are definitely a lot more critical and opinionated about each other than outsiders seem to realize.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Danb159 (Offline)
New to JF

02-05-2011, 03:47 PM

In a way I suppose I can understand where you're coming from, as you don't want to be associated as the same type of person?
I kind of see both sides of the story really, but as i said I have never experienced japan, so have to learn from the people who have
(#14 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
02-05-2011, 06:07 PM

I see your point, Sitron, but you could prehaps narrow it down. The truth is, gaijin are part of Japan now, & if your seeking 'pure Japan', I suggest venturing to small, little-known areas. As for your Japanese dating site example, I imagine it can be annoying, but then you can ignore the ones that aren't Japanese

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#15 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
When you're in Japan or on Japanese websites (message boards, mixi etc) do you get annoyed when you see/meet gaijins (foreigners)? I hate seeing gaijins to be honest. I'm currently on a Japanese dating website and nothing annoys me more than seeing a gaijin female there. Especially if it's a white woman dressed up in cosplay or a kimono (dating sites are not for cosplaying or pretending you're Japanese!).

I know it's selfish but I want to experience Japan, not a washed out Japanese culture with a bunch of gaijins pretending they're Japanese....
I get annoyed when I come across a sitron douche bag on the internet, who somehow thinks he can talk like an asshole about women, yet lacks so much game, that he is pathetic enough to cry about it constantly to everyone on Japan forum, and somehow expects advice on how to get his loser ass laid.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
02-05-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickOShay View Post
I get annoyed when I come across a sitron douche bag on the internet, who somehow thinks he can talk like an asshole about women, yet lacks so much game, that he is pathetic enough to cry about it constantly to everyone on Japan forum, and somehow expects advice on how to get his loser ass laid.
I was thinking along similar lines, but trying to trump his arguement seemed the better option at the time

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#17 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

02-06-2011, 01:27 AM

Yeah Sitron really takes the fun out of a lot of this ...

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2011, 01:42 AM

NON-JAPANESE(remember, we are ALL foreigners when not in our native country)people with this attitude put me off from wanting to associate with them, but I am assuming you already knew that because you're either trolling, or see what a bad idea it was to post something like this here since you haven't responded.

Granted, if you're at a Japanese dating site and you're not Japanese, wtf are you doing there, but as someone else mentioned, you can just ignore it rather than throw a tantrum because you disagree with it. If a Japanese person were to see this post, they would find you and all other non-Japanese people unappealing, because they can't understand why "we" hate each other so much even though we don't know each other(and therefore, have no reason to resent each other's presence). There are instances where ignorance is bliss.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
When you're in Japan or on Japanese websites (message boards, mixi etc) do you get annoyed when you see/meet gaijins (foreigners)? I hate seeing gaijins to be honest. I'm currently on a Japanese dating website and nothing annoys me more than seeing a gaijin female there. Especially if it's a white woman dressed up in cosplay or a kimono (dating sites are not for cosplaying or pretending you're Japanese!).

I know it's selfish but I want to experience Japan, not a washed out Japanese culture with a bunch of gaijins pretending they're Japanese....
You said you're Norwegian? Then, if you go to Japan or a Japanese dating site, doesn't that make you a gaijin that shouldn't be there yourself, by your own way of thinking? Or do you not count, it's just other white people who shouldn't be there?

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

02-06-2011, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonybard View Post
NON-JAPANESE(remember, we are ALL foreigners when not in our native country)people with this attitude put me off from wanting to associate with them, but I am assuming you already knew that because you're either trolling, or see what a bad idea it was to post something like this here since you haven't responded.

Granted, if you're at a Japanese dating site and you're not Japanese, wtf are you doing there, but as someone else mentioned, you can just ignore it rather than throw a tantrum because you disagree with it. If a Japanese person were to see this post, they would find you and all other non-Japanese people unappealing, because they can't understand why "we" hate each other so much even though we don't know each other(and therefore, have no reason to resent each other's presence). There are instances where ignorance is bliss.

I am going to Tokyo this summer, and instead of being miserable and lonely I want to spend time with a Japanese woman that know how to treat and respect a man. I also don't try to look Japanese in anyway.