JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
spoonybard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2011, 02:01 AM

What I meant was the non-Japanese posting information on themselves at those sites. However, those women are probably doing the exact same thing you are.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

02-06-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonybard View Post
What I meant was the non-Japanese posting information on themselves at those sites. However, those women are probably doing the exact same thing you are.
Yes, I know. And I said in my opening post that it was selfish to think like that. But I can't help but be annoyed when 20% of all those women are whites from the US, Germany and France...

I know they probably feel the same, because they're there to find that perfect Japanese guy they can eat ramen with, read yaoi manga with, and cosplay with.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ಥ‿à

02-06-2011, 02:04 AM

It's beyond me why you think you deserve the love of any woman, let alone your top pick...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2011, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
I am going to Tokyo this summer, and instead of being miserable and lonely I want to spend time with a Japanese woman that know how to treat and respect a man. I also don't try to look Japanese in anyway.
LOL. Ironic because you don't know the first thing about how to treat and respect a woman. Do you really think you will have any success?
(#25 (permalink))
Old
konbini (Offline)
JF Regular

02-06-2011, 04:41 AM

Then go to Japan if that is the experience you want.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

02-06-2011, 04:59 AM

I share what I guess is a similar attitude as most of the other foreigners living in Japan. I don't really mind other foreigners in Japan (hey, I'm one myself), but when they do fuck up or break the rules or act like idiots and disrespect the culture, then I do have a problem because the Japanese will associate that kind of behavior with the rest of us.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2011, 06:27 AM

Since when did people get this idea that Japan can be your own personal secret Wonderland where you are the only foreigner any Japanese people will see or meet or ever talk to? This isn't pre-Meiji era anymore. There are thousands and thousands of foreigners living in Japan... especially in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya and other major metropolises. It's 2011... what in the world do you expect?

I am not going to apologize when I say I find this attitude incredibly immature and short-sighted.

I enjoy meeting other non-Japanese in Japan because oftentimes we are like two random ships in the dark with very different stories and lives... in other words people I would never have the chance to meet back at home, even if it is just one time over a drink after dinner.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
mousee09 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-06-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when did people get this idea that Japan can be your own personal secret Wonderland where you are the only foreigner any Japanese people will see or meet or ever talk to? This isn't pre-Meiji era anymore. There are thousands and thousands of foreigners living in Japan... especially in Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Nagoya and other major metropolises. It's 2011... what in the world do you expect?
This sum up my point, well said.

Check out my VBlog to Japan Fall 2010- Spring 2011...The adventure HAS ALREADY STARTED CHECK IT OUT!http://www.youtube.com/user/mousee09
(#29 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

02-06-2011, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Since when did people get this idea that Japan can be your own personal secret Wonderland where you are the only foreigner any Japanese people will see or meet or ever talk to?

It's been like this for a long time now. It's one of the exact reasons why a lot of kids want to come over here besides anime. They think they'll be fawned over all the time by Japanese school girls and they'll live out some kind of Last Samurai lifestyle because they're gaijin, so they think they're super unique.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-06-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsToDiscovery View Post
It's been like this for a long time now. It's one of the exact reasons why a lot of kids want to come over here besides anime. They think they'll be fawned over all the time by Japanese school girls and they'll live out some kind of Last Samurai lifestyle because they're gaijin, so they think they're super unique.
Those kids need to realize that the 70s and 80s were over a long time ago, and that just having blue eyes or blond hair is not enough to get mobs of Japanese girls to fawn all over you.

Especially in the big cities, more intelligent, interesting, handsome, and compelling boys have been there before you.