JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Sitron (Offline)
Banned

Do people have too little respect for freedom of speech? - 02-19-2011, 03:23 PM

I feel like that these days you can't say anything that goes against the norm without being called a troll, getting banned or flamed.

Why do people have so little respect for others' opinions? If I say something that you feel offend you why can't you just stfu and respect that I have different perspective on life than you?

I despise cosplaying and nothing would make me more happy than a terrorist blowing himself up at a convention, but you don't see me flame those poor teens suffering their identity crisis.

And why does everything said that you don't agree with have to be trolling? Why can't you accept that your points of view are not those of the entire world population?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JustinRossTso (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-19-2011, 06:00 PM

I don't even feel like quoting what you just said. I can't believe you got away with 121 posts. Each one equally if not more offensive than the next.

There's the majority, there's the minority, but where do you fit in?

I know some people who dislike cosplaying or cosplayers, but I know no one who would be happy if some dude suicide bombed the convention.

There's no real valid argument here, I can't see what you're fighting for, or trying to prove.

Sometimes there's limits on rights, or freedom of speech. Sometimes you just have to keep some things to yourself .

Now on the the identity crisis thing. I don't think you've ever cosplayed ever in your life. You don't even get the idea of cosplaying.

Have you at least dressed up for halloween or something or some kind of event the requires dressing up?

These people don't have "Identity Crisis". If every person that had "Identity Crisis" dressed up, then I guess there'd be a lot of people on the streets who feel insecure and decide to be Naruto or something.

Real people with "Identity Crisis" have better ways of dealing with it.

I believe that cosplaying is about having fun, it's like putting on a new wardrobe for a day.

No one is trying to fool anybody.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sitron View Post
I feel like that these days you can't say anything that goes against the norm without being called a troll, getting banned or flamed.

Why do people have so little respect for others' opinions? If I say something that you feel offend you why can't you just stfu and respect that I have different perspective on life than you?

I despise cosplaying and nothing would make me more happy than a terrorist blowing himself up at a convention, but you don't see me flame those poor teens suffering their identity crisis.

And why does everything said that you don't agree with have to be trolling? Why can't you accept that your points of view are not those of the entire world population?
You have made two contradictory posts in one, and I divided them by color.

You ponder as to why people with different opinions cannot get along, and then say you want to kill people who do not share your opinion. Do you see the problem?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

02-19-2011, 07:48 PM

sitron u are an attention seeker and come up with some very unpleasant subjects
(#5 (permalink))
Old
SCIFFIX (Offline)
Hokuto Shinken master.

Send a message via MSN to SCIFFIX
02-19-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:

Cosplayers are not "poor teens suffering identity crisis". Cosplay is hobby as any another, there is no problem with it. A person saying that wish and feel happy seeing innocent human beings being killed IS the true problem. You are only showing your intolerance with this post.

Video Games: Serious Business

(#6 (permalink))
Old
PockyMePink (Offline)
=\

Send a message via MSN to PockyMePink
02-19-2011, 08:19 PM

Quote:
I say one night we find every single man in the world and place them in a concentration camp. Then, we can kill them off little by little in humiliating and cruel ways.

Ya dig?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-19-2011, 08:25 PM

I think I have reached the limit as to how much talk of committing terrorist acts and mass murder as I will take.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

02-19-2011, 08:44 PM

Must not get involved.

Must. Not. Get. Involved.

Must call the mod who temporally banned Sitron an idiot for not permanently banning him in the first place.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Troll: In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. (from wikipedia).

Do you see why you are considered a troll? You are a total asshole when you post. It is not about different opinions it is about the fact that you continuously offend people with your douche bagginess. So please do us all a favor and go suicide bomb an iceberg.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
02-19-2011, 11:38 PM

PS: I think you reached your destination, you can now take Exit 152:

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?

Last edited by protheus : 02-20-2011 at 12:03 AM.
Closed Thread