LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post carriers - 03-08-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
As long as it looks like they aren't competeing no..but as soon as they try to create a "Pacific 7th fleet" they will. Perhaps not with fighting persay but with building, as in the cold war..build more ships than the other side can contend with.

One American supercarrier has as much firepower as was used in all of WW2 combined. I think the US has 11?..If China or someone else tried to Vie for command of the sea you would see 15, 20...whatever was needed.
Well, I understood your point. I don't know for China, but Russians follow the way developed by Soviets during Cold War times.. This is so-called 'asymmetric answer'. No need to compete by building more carriers than American side already have. It would be a worthless arm race, a waste of money.
Russians create multipurpose nuclear-powered submarines to encounter any carrier group of possible enemy in certain region of World Ocean in case of a local conflict or total war. The US aircarrier group has an enormous firepower, as you pointed before, so every submarine must carry enough supersonic missiles onboard armed by conventional or nuclear warheads.

YouTube - 15.06.2010 K-329 Severodvinsk

Last edited by termogard : 03-08-2011 at 06:13 AM. Reason: typo
(#152 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-09-2011, 05:10 AM

Besides, the Middle East will be the focal point for everyone soon enough. Specially if the supposed 'Day of rage" in Saudia Arbia is anything like the other's have been. If it get's too unstable, I can see someone moveing in to secure the oil fields. Cause right now, it really is all about the oil.
(#153 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-10-2011, 01:13 PM

my old relative used to live in japan. she was a proud christian missionary worker when she lived in yokohama. it is too bad she never learned their speech. i however loved her stories very much.
(#154 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-10-2011, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atredies View Post
my old relative used to live in japan. she was a proud christian missionary worker when she lived in yokohama. it is too bad she never learned their speech. i however loved her stories very much.
She must be a good story teller then

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life