LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-06-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
It is said that most people who are truly insane have no inkling of the fact whatsoever. If that is true, then you are at least quite sane when you are the most fearful of being otherwise.

However, I have known one or two people who correctly sensed that they were losing their grip on reality. My recommendation is to talk to a psychiatrist, if only to allay your fears.

As for myself, I can think of 3 instances when my grip on reality slipped, or came extremely close. The first was when I actually considered suicide over a lover - reality came back like a nuclear blast later that day - thank you DOrothy Parker. The second was when someone succeed in pushing me past my breaking point after over a year of working real hard at it. (He was the crazy one) And the resulting physical altercation brought me back into working order instantly.

Then there was my first marriage, which I jokingly refer to as my year of temporary insanity. Its the only rational explanation anyone can come up with for my even being in the idiot's company for more than 5 minutes, much less marrying him.
I'm glad that you're out of that situation now.