LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-05-2011, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorforecaster View Post
5.5 is MINIMUM magnitude,
5.5+ with PLUS SIGN is from 5.5 to UNLIMITED magnitude.
the phrase VERY STRONG means very high magnitude.
You can guess this easy, cant you?

All forecasted magnitudes have PLUS signs.
I pick 5.5+ as forecast for large earthquake to make it LESS SCARYfor readers in the past 15 months.

KEEP THIS IN MIND for MAY Forecast. It just got 6.1M today.
That's just an easy way out.... I could say there's one going to happen within a week of magnitude 6.0 and I'll be right
It's preposterous to say you use 5.5+ to make it "less scary" for readers (who don't go here for quake predictions) when in your previous post you said "If you cant do anything to save other lives then please be careful to comment or mock others. It maybe harmful to other lives of your own people there." Well, making it less scary for readers could be HARMFUL to them too, because you aren't telling them the truth.

Let me say this, I forecast that Japan will suffer 30 earthquakes of magnitude 5.0+ within 300 miles of Tokyo in the whole month of May. How many people will agree with me here?

Japanese people are aware of earthquakes and their detection and reporting methods are among the best in the world. By saying something that's pretty much a given, you are NOT going to save any lives here.

Last edited by JohnBraden : 05-05-2011 at 09:54 PM.
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-05-2011, 08:32 PM

Earthquakes 5.5+ magnitude are a part of life in much of Japan. This isn't a scale that is considered dangerous or life-threatening.

I am with John Braden.... Kanto will see 30 quakes in May at 5+. Japan as a country will see dozens more. (Why limit yourself, John? Thor isn't.)
Old
thorforecaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
That video proves squat. Where's the link to your February video forecasting the 9.0? You give general areas and distances to areas that normally experience seismic activity. And people aren't going to get their advanced warning from here. If you feel this is a gift you have and need to share it with the world, please contact the USGS (heaven knows you used their maps) or the Japanese Meteorological Agency. They may want to hear about it.
Search my other videos on Youtube.com
Most American understand my forecast without any problems.
I cant do action plan, because I was very busy to collect data and forecast, dont know any Japnese or Latin American either.

Of course, I informed USGS.
USGS position is NOBODY can predict (not forecast) earthquake.
Can never ask governments to do anything unless they see benefits to them and this is not a case.
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-05-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Search my other videos on Youtube.com
Most American understand my forecast without any problems.
I cant do action plan, because I was very busy to collect data and forecast, dont know any Japnese or Latin American either.

Of course, I informed USGS.
Can never ask governments to do anything unless they see benefits to them and this is not a case.
I don't have time, wait, no, I do have that time. I just don't have the desire to see you reasonings on this, most obvious, of forecasts.

I am American and I still don't understand your forecast.

You have to know that the majority of the people who are logged on to this forum don't live in Japan. So, by you forecasting something here, the whole of Japan will not be informed because they don't frequent this website.
Old
thorforecaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is utterly meaningless. Predicting a 5.5+ earthquake when a 9.0 hits is as useful as predicting a 6+ inch tsunami when a 3.8 mile high wave is what hit.

How many lives did you save with your "prediction"?
You intended ignoring the phrase "VERY STRONG EARTHQUAKE".
I am done with my good will. Sorry for Japan country's disasters.

I have other businesses must take care right now.
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-05-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Anyone can predict earthquakes. The real trick is prediction with timing, magnitude and location accuracy.

You predicted 5.5+ earthquake in March in Japan.

As we have stated 5.5+ earthquakes happen dozens and dozens of times a year in Japan. There is no timing, magnitude or location accuracy in your prediction to make it any more interesting than predicting that the sun will come up tomorrow.

If you could narrow down those three factors by about 400%, then you are talking about something interesting. Otherwise you are playing darts and congratulating yourself for not missing the dart board, or the wall, for that matter.

Quote:
You intended ignoring the phrase "VERY STRONG EARTHQUAKE".
I am done with my good will. Sorry for Japan country's disasters.

I have other businesses must take care right now.
"VERY STRONG EARTHQUAKE" is a VERY RELATIVE TERM.

Start predicting costs of damages, numbers of dead and injured, numbers of homes and buildings destroyed, etc. and then you might be on to something.

Last edited by MMM : 05-05-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old
thorforecaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2011, 09:16 PM

5.5+ means 5.5 to unlimited mag.
You ignore "Very Strong Earthquake"
You misunderstood "prediction" and "forecasting". This is forecast not prediction.
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-05-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
You misunderstood "prediction" and "forecasting". This is forecast not prediction.
Fine, you are forecasting with no accuracy. Therefore the information is practically useless. It is like predicting it will rain in Seattle in March. Well, OF COURSE it will rain in Seattle in March.

The questions people want answers to are, how much is it going to rain? How many days will it rain? Will it be a light rain, or torrential storms?

I didn't ignore "VERY STRONG EARTHQUAKE", I am telling you it doesn't mean anything without any accurate numbers behind it, of which you provide none.
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-05-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
I predict the thorforecaster will continue to be thoroughly unspecific and unhelpful with his information, but continue to convince himself that he is.
Old
thorforecaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Anyone can predict earthquakes. The real trick is prediction with timing, magnitude and location accuracy.

You predicted 5.5+ earthquake in March in Japan.

As we have stated 5.5+ earthquakes happen dozens and dozens of times a year in Japan. There is no timing, magnitude or location accuracy in your prediction to make it any more interesting than predicting that the sun will come up tomorrow.

If you could narrow down those three factors by about 400%, then you are talking about something interesting. Otherwise you are playing darts and congratulating yourself for not missing the dart board, or the wall, for that matter.

"VERY STRONG EARTHQUAKE" is a VERY RELATIVE TERM.

Start predicting costs of damages, numbers of dead and injured, numbers of homes and buildings destroyed, etc. and then you might be on to something.
Sir, 9M is between 5.5 to unlimited mag, time is March, forecasted location is specified offshore from S Tokyo to N island. This was forecast.

General economic cost was estimated:

Economic cost if 8.9M earthquake hit Japan inland

I maybe can pinpoint closer location, but it costs me a lot time and sacrification of other job.