JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-05-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorforecaster View Post
Sir, 9M is between 5.5 to unlimited mag, time is March, forecasted location is specified offshore from S Tokyo to N island. This was forecast.

General economic cost was estimated:

Economic cost if 8.9M earthquake hit Japan inland

I maybe can pinpoint closer location, but it costs me a lot time and sacrification of other job.
You are not reading what I am saying.

Let me put it in terms you might understand. Each point of magnitude is 10 times larger than the point below it. The difference between a 4.0 and a 6.0 is not a .3 larger, but 100 times larger. the difference between 5.5 and a 9 is 5000 times larger. In terms of winning the lottery the scale is the difference between winning 100 dollars and and half million dollars. In other words an EPIC difference, not even worthy of being spoken in the same breath.

If you have the ability to predict 8+ earthquakes with any accuracy (timing, location) then I would focus ALL my energies doing so. Otherwise you are just wasting your own time, our time, and your four Twitter followers' time.
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Sir, 9M is between 5.5 to unlimited mag, time is March, forecasted location is specified offshore from S Tokyo to N island. This was forecast.
This is a lie.

Your forecast said: 5.5+ Very strong earthquake Japan, 65%

It said NOTHING about "S Tokyo to N island".

I am done with the snake-oil salesman.
Old
thorforecaster (Offline)
New to JF

05-05-2011, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
This is a lie.

Your forecast said: 5.5+ Very strong earthquake Japan, 65%

It said NOTHING about "S Tokyo to N island".

I am done with the snake-oil salesman.
Oh really? or "If I cant predict it then nobody else can"

Possible very strong earthquake Japan

My video said my forecast also at EEC forum in addition.
Clearly specified on March 05, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
Strongest hit maybe from Izu to Toshima islands, and North island Honkkaido

You didn’t apologize for all your shadow intention: sfter forecast, wrong magnitude, wrong location; etc.
Sorry I cant waste too much time here.
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-05-2011, 11:40 PM

I predict that somewhere on earth, there will be a 9.0 or higher earth quake.....eventually....sometime....sooner or later...
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

05-05-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
I DONT HAVE TIME TO ANSWER FOR THESE AGAIN.
You surely have a lot of time to waste here.... You posted this 5 hours ago....

In contrast to you, I don't want to waste any more of my time responding to this portion of the thread.... Until I read more productive posts....

buh bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzorian View Post
I predict that somewhere on earth, there will be a 9.0 or higher earth quake.....eventually....sometime....sooner or later...
Bravo!!!!

Last edited by JohnBraden : 05-05-2011 at 11:45 PM.
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

05-05-2011, 11:44 PM

Pardon the double post....
Old
JBaymore (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 12:17 AM

I predict that the area to the south of Tokyo to just north of it in Japan will see a lot of rain in the month of June. It may begin in the late part of May.

best,

...................john
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-06-2011, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaymore View Post
I predict that the area to the south of Tokyo to just north of it in Japan will see a lot of rain in the month of June. It may begin in the late part of May.

best,

...................john

My prediction is that there will be snow in Hokkaido sometime this year.... it will be between 0.5cm and 0.5+ cm
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-06-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:

General economic cost was estimated:

Economic cost if 8.9M earthquake hit Japan inland

I maybe can pinpoint closer location, but it costs me a lot time and sacrification of other job.
Sorry dude this is laughable. You start soo low at a 5.5... worldwide there are like over 800 earthquakes per year at that magnitude, you give yourself a whole month of time in a very earthquake prone region.. chances are at least 5.5 will happen.. a real prediction would have been 8M or greater since there is only like 1 of those each year. So if you still do not see why nobody takes you seriously then I think you should go work for the psychic hotline, I am sure you will find somebody to take you seriously there.

Last edited by RickOShay : 05-06-2011 at 03:05 PM.
Old
Shaelyn (Offline)
Fae of DOOM!

Send a message via AIM to Shaelyn
05-18-2011, 08:45 PM

I know I'm way late, sorry for reviving a thread that's been dead a couple of weeks. I wanted to address the snake-oil man with some numbers, though.

this is a list of all the 5.5+ earthquakes that hit across the globe for the month of March. granted, this is all over the world, but the vast majority happened in and around Japan, if you take a gander at the latitude and longitude. the 9.0 was at 38.30 lat 142.37 long, and if you look down the lat and long columns, you can see which ones are relatively close to those numbers and which were way off.

there were 225 5.5+ earthquakes all over the world for the month of march. as said, vast majority near Japan. even if we knocked it down and said only HALF of those were near Japan - still over 100 quakes of 5.5+, this would still be ridiculous. four of them were above 7.0 in the region. so...which earthquake was it that you predicted? if you want to pat yourself on the back for forecasting a 5.5+ earthquake in the region - one?! - go right ahead, I'll just keep laughing. you're not doing anyone any sort of service here.

in other news...well...we got a small blurb over here that there were new problems arising at Fukushima (while this site was down), and now the news is quiet again. what's going on over there?

thnx boboloko for the sig!