JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-11-2011, 04:13 PM

oh my goodness. this is very bad. the aftermath will be worse than one could ever imagine.

earthquakes are everywhere. more often in the pacific how new zealand is now a shady zone. i am also worried about the new madrid fault line at home.
(#112 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
03-11-2011, 04:18 PM

Osaka seems alright but im still worried for the rest of the country. I have friends and family out there and have not heard back from any of them.

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#113 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

Send a message via Skype™ to VincentCross
03-11-2011, 04:24 PM

I hope Charlotte is OK. shes my childhood friend she is currently in ohta. anyone know what the seen is like in that area please let me know. i cant seem to get in touch with her still and its been long time i thought for sure she would have answered by now.

(#114 (permalink))
Old
Asher (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2011, 04:47 PM

Japan: 88,000 Missing People
(#115 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

03-11-2011, 04:52 PM

not good at all not good. i dont like those numbers. hell with it im pulling out my money now and takeing the first flight to JP i can get. I have to go find my friends. and make sure my grandmothers vaca house in Kasukabe is ok.

(#116 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-11-2011, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentCross View Post
not good at all not good. i dont like those numbers. hell with it im pulling out my money now and takeing the first flight to JP i can get. I have to go find my friends. and make sure my grandmothers vaca house in Kasukabe is ok.
I hope they are okay, but it may be hard finding a flight . . . Sendai is underwater, and Narita has only just reopened and has a huge backlog of people to get out. It may be best to wait. The worst seems to be over, soon enough phones and the like will be back on and your loved ones will be able to reassure you that they are fine. Plus it may be very difficult to find accomodation in the current situation.
(#117 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

03-11-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I hope they are okay, but it may be hard finding a flight . . . Sendai is underwater, and Narita has only just reopened and has a huge backlog of people to get out. It may be best to wait. The worst seems to be over, soon enough phones and the like will be back on and your loved ones will be able to reassure you that they are fine. Plus it may be very difficult to find accomodation in the current situation.

Crap your right. also I'm wondering if this will screw with my 2 week vaca i have planned. I'm supposed to leave a month or so from now. hope everything will be fixed by then.

(#118 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-11-2011, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
This figure is being passed around, and is assumed to be some sort of confusion between the *88* confirmed dead at the time the article was posted, the 8000 self defense force people sent for aid, and the 18,000 houses estimated to have been destroyed. There are also some who suspect the figure came from the number of people trying to contact others through the NTT emergency contact service, or the number currently estimated to be somewhere other than their homes (ie. in shelters, at friends or relatives, or just plain stuck at work because the trains were stopped and it was too far to walk.)

There is NO confirmation of 88,000 people missing. There are estimates of 400~500 dead, but only 100 something confirmed at this point and about 200 more who have not been identified (tsunami casualties).

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#119 (permalink))
Old
SgtBeavis (Offline)
JF Regular

03-11-2011, 05:14 PM

My wife and I were planning to leave for Tokyo on Wednesday. Obviously we're going to postpone now. American Airlines' website states that any flight scheduled from March 11-18 will now be able to depart on March 25th at the earliest. I expect this will change since the situation if very fluid. I plan to call on Monday to make any changes.

I'm just relieved that my In-laws are OK and we can reach them via Skype.
(#120 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

03-11-2011, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
This figure is being passed around, and is assumed to be some sort of confusion between the *88* confirmed dead at the time the article was posted, the 8000 self defense force people sent for aid, and the 18,000 houses estimated to have been destroyed. There are also some who suspect the figure came from the number of people trying to contact others through the NTT emergency contact service, or the number currently estimated to be somewhere other than their homes (ie. in shelters, at friends or relatives, or just plain stuck at work because the trains were stopped and it was too far to walk.)

There is NO confirmation of 88,000 people missing. There are estimates of 400~500 dead, but only 100 something confirmed at this point and about 200 more who have not been identified (tsunami casualties).
why havnt they Sent The ACE Emergency relife group to help? the Air crisis emergency rielf group. or ACE relief. they should be launching UH60s from ACE building in okinawa.