(#121 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-11-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentCross View Post
why havnt they Sent The ACE Emergency relife group to help? the Air crisis emergency rielf group. or ACE relief. they should be launching UH60s from ACE building in okinawa.
To do what, and exactly where? It isn`t like this is one specific very small area. There is a huge area with varying levels of damage. There is not a specific area that is in horrific shape with no local access. Those who have died are spread over an enormous area. If there was one single town that was destroyed by this, yes - I could see the relief helicopters flying in. But at this point, the defense force IS taking relief efforts - 8000 have been dispatched to various areas with supplies and equipment.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#122 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

Send a message via Skype™ to VincentCross
03-11-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
To do what, and exactly where? It isn`t like this is one specific very small area. There is a huge area with varying levels of damage. There is not a specific area that is in horrific shape with no local access. Those who have died are spread over an enormous area. If there was one single town that was destroyed by this, yes - I could see the relief helicopters flying in. But at this point, the defense force IS taking relief efforts - 8000 have been dispatched to various areas with supplies and equipment.
un fortiounetly you dont know what ACe is do you. ACE is an emergancy relief group created by the hoovers administration in the white house in 1931 and was later adopted by the UN in 1952. its was created to be on all military bases all over the world some even on forien bases of other country militarys. its was created to respond to any natrual disaster no matter how bad or where it be located. the exceptions for not launching rescuse partys by ace would be if it endangerd the rescue workers them selfs.

my point being. is even if they didnt have enuf rescue teams they would still launch all they had to help.

Last edited by VincentCross : 03-11-2011 at 05:34 PM.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-11-2011, 05:35 PM

It is hard to see the images on television of the disastrous tsunami in Miyagi-ken. I've spent time there in the past from Sendai to Mutsu Bay and it pains me to see the devastation. I don't know if having been there and other places in Japan makes me more empathic to this disaster because I am more connected to this than those in other countries. I hope it doesn't make me an insensitive person, but I do have this strange feeling. Has anyone experienced somewhat similar?

I will head back to Japan, and in my little bit of Japanese (romaji version-hey, still learning) I can say: Watashi wa nisen juni-nen ju-ichi gatsu ni hikoki de Nihon ni ikimasu.
And when I do go, I will make an effort to visit the area of Sendai and Mitushima to help the local economy as best I can. I was planning on going there to begin with, but now I have more determination to visit the area.

I do have a feeling the death toll will rival the Kanto earthquake in Kobe. I hope it doesn't get to those numbers, but I feel things look bad. I know the country will bounce back from this disaster and I hope it does so quickly and with the least amount of pain possible.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-11-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincentCross View Post
un fortiounetly you dont know what ACe is do you. ACE is an emergancy relief group created by the hoovers administration in the white house in 1931 and was later adopted by the UN in 1952. its was created to be on all military bases all over the world some even on forien bases of other country militarys. its was created to respond to any natrual disaster no matter how bad or where it be located. the exceptions for not launching rescuse partys by ace would be if it endangerd the rescue workers them selfs.

my point being. is even if they didnt have enuf rescue teams they would still launch all they had to help.
If it is going to be dispatched, it is not up to Japan at this point. Japan has said that it will accept pretty much any and all aid - UN, US military, etc.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#125 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

03-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
It is hard to see the images on television of the disastrous tsunami in Miyagi-ken. I've spent time there in the past from Sendai to Mutsu Bay and it pains me to see the devastation. I don't know if having been there and other places in Japan makes me more empathic to this disaster because I am more connected to this than those in other countries. I hope it doesn't make me an insensitive person, but I do have this strange feeling. Has anyone experienced somewhat similar?

I will head back to Japan, and in my little bit of Japanese (romaji version-hey, still learning) I can say: Watashi wa nisen juni-nen ju-ichi gatsu ni hikoki de Nihon ni ikimasu.
And when I do go, I will make an effort to visit the area of Sendai and Mitushima to help the local economy as best I can. I was planning on going there to begin with, but now I have more determination to visit the area.

I do have a feeling the death toll will rival the Kanto earthquake in Kobe. I hope it doesn't get to those numbers, but I feel things look bad. I know the country will bounce back from this disaster and I hope it does so quickly and with the least amount of pain possible.
I feel your understanding. my family on some of my fathers side use to live in kasukabe and some right outside of Sendai. and considering my grandmothers vaca home in kasukabe still has a shrine to my grandpa there. makes me wondering if its OK. if anything happened to it i would feel very upset. also allot of my friends are in various areas of japan. so i worry for them. in retrospect it hurts to see areas that i use to visit as a little kid be destroyed.

(#126 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
03-11-2011, 05:51 PM

I just barely read about it on my google homepage when I popped open my comp, like 10 min ago and so I came by to say that my prayers go out to all the families that were affected by it.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Asher (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2011, 05:57 PM

Latest breaking news on Japan earthquake - breakingnews.com
(#128 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

03-11-2011, 05:57 PM

thanks slykaz thats nice of you to think of everyone even thought you just got the info.

(#129 (permalink))
Old
wappydoppy (Offline)
New to JF

03-11-2011, 06:02 PM

BBC rolling news - all about Japan. Reports of a dam breaking in north east Japan washing homes away. UK aid agencies doing all they can.
Sad times.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
VincentCross (Offline)
オタク

03-11-2011, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wappydoppy View Post
BBC rolling news - all about Japan. Reports of a dam breaking in north east Japan washing homes away. UK aid agencies doing all they can.
Sad times.
I'm curnelty looking up all and every single video on all disasters that have happend so far and that are happening stil. i will make a list of all the videos for eveyone to be able to view whats going on.