JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   General Discussion (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/)
-   -   Big earthquake in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/general-discussion/36530-big-earthquake-japan.html)

masaegu 03-11-2011 08:23 AM

OMG these aftershocks are just killing me!

DO NOT cook, everyone!

tenmins 03-11-2011 08:23 AM

Shocking Pictures

I am watching from Australia on the news. Have friends in Japan but can't contact them at the moment. This is shocking stuff. People must be in these cars and buildings that are floating down the river.
I just hope the emergency services can save most of them.
In Australia we are thinking of you all and hoping for some miracles.

tipsygypsy 03-11-2011 08:24 AM

Gaawd! that scared crap out of me. whole entire city was like inside cocktail shaker. and it still quakes a bit time after time

ryuurui 03-11-2011 08:30 AM

i knew it will come just was not sure that it will be today. On wednesday we had 3-4 small but long and persistent eearthquakes and today it went off. series of small eqs usually precede a l;arge one. Besides it was meant to be, every 90 years or so Tokyo gets spanked.

2h of shaking and it is still shaking here in Tokyo Bay. Artificial land cracked and sea water is gushing out. No idea how bad os Tokyo as the phones are overloaded, cant call anyone.

I hope that all of us here in Japan are OK.

Massive 8.9 quake, tsunamis hit Japan - CNN.com

Sangetsu 03-11-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 855505)
No need to be like that. Let each of us express wishes of hope how we feel comfortable.

I was in the Great Hanshin Earthquake of 1995, and that was a 7.2 mag. This is looking like 8.4 to 8.9. I don't know the math, but that is at least 30 times larger, maybe 50 times. That is unthinkable to me. The tsunamis are devastating the coastal areas. I am watching ships being tossed over, in real time. I assume there are people aboard.

Yes, there are quite a few Japanese who are praying right now, the Sumyohi shrine is crowded with people rubbing their beads and saying prayers.

Sangetsu 03-11-2011 08:34 AM

At least 2 people at the refinery fire are confirmed dead, and others are missing. The flames are reaching thousands of feet into the sky,

Ghap 03-11-2011 08:36 AM

British media reports 8.9 which is huge!

Also tsunamis within japan (pics) and others across the pacific.

my thoughts are with you!

monkeyninja42 03-11-2011 08:37 AM

I am very sad to hear about what's happening to Japan right now.
Everyone will be....so sorry to know this is happening to folks. There are no words to comfort at a time like this.

wolfmom 03-11-2011 08:45 AM

Stay safe all in Japan thinking of you all

ryuurui 03-11-2011 08:45 AM

we are stil getting aftershocks every 10-15min.
i only hope there are no accidents in tokyo subway.
also another tsunami is approaching Sendai.