LinkBack Thread Tools
(#141 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-19-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
managers are muppets lol, just talking heads, the workers and scientists know what they're doing more than well enough
workers and scientists surely, they are heroes ... but this three are really muppets ... have you seen this on tv ??? !!! searching completely confused and without success in the own papers and not able to give answer ... real muppets ..
(#142 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post sarcophag - 03-19-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
they are still working of a new sarcophag because they have problems there .. we all here hope they will finish this the next years, because every minute can happen this catastrophy again here ... of course we are always in fear ...
Which catastrophe did you mean every minute in Chernobyl?
(#143 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 11:11 AM

Just to cut the crap. IRSN is the French Institute of Nuclear Safety.

Here is the spreading of cesium 137 according to them... Cesium 137 has a 30 years half-life :
La dispersion des rejets radioactifs dans l’atmosphère
(#144 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-19-2011, 01:31 PM

Shortly after the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear accident, for example, atmospheric levels exceeded 100,000 Bq/m3 for cesium 137.

So even by the levels from the IRSN have simulated I don't see anything too much to worry about at this stage. And yes it is a simulation. I do not know if it has been verified by actual scientists on the ground here. I would especially like to see this reviewed by some scientists in other naitons as the French at the moment seem to be often at odds what other scientists are saying.
(#145 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 01:38 PM

Tap water now radioactive in Tokyo :

Japan Officials: Radioactive Iodine in Tokyo Water - ABC News

Japan detects radioactivity in water, milk and spinach | Herald Sun
(#146 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)

03-19-2011, 03:22 PM

The bananas in the supermarkets are radioactive as well.... And also all the granite statues in the parks in Tokyo.... Everything has a trace measurement of radioactivity.... so do you! I believe those reports are just hogwash to continue the panic.... Of course they're going to detect "something", but is that "something" something to be concerned about? I rather think not....

(sarcasm)At least NBC is dedicating more time to the upcoming Royal Wedding.... glad their priorities are straight.... (/sarcasm)
(#147 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 05:03 PM

The ABC is a quality news outlet and are just reporting that yes some elevated levels of iodine and cesium have started to be detected. As you would expect. And as you would expect the levels are minor and as yet are orders of magnitude away from being even slightly considered dangerous.

The Herald Sun on the other hand is about as gutter tabloid press as you get in Australia. I didn't even click on the link as I already know the calibre of the report they are likely to write up, not worth wasting my time.
(#148 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-19-2011, 05:30 PM

I know this is going to be a pretty worthless post...
But this thread is truly amusing.
It`s honestly fascinating to see what other people out there think of Japan and the Japanese people. How absolutely certain they are that everyone in Japan is incapable or unwilling to find out the "truth".

Really, does the rest of the world think Japan is full of idiots? Or that the media here is controlled like it is in China? I`m starting to honestly think that some of this may be because the image of China is being overlapped on to Japan... I mean, all the same, right?

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#149 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)

03-19-2011, 05:42 PM

Personally I'd almost like to see the mods stop allowing any new members for a little while till this all dies down. We've had this plague of new members descend on the forum to purely spread fear and lies and to cast dispersions on the Japanese government and people. Frankly I'm sick of it.
(#150 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
03-19-2011, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Personally I'd almost like to see the mods stop allowing any new members for a little while till this all dies down. We've had this plague of new members descend on the forum to purely spread fear and lies and to cast dispersions on the Japanese government and people. Frankly I'm sick of it.
ironically it's identical to our sensationalist western mainstream media's fearmongering. that might have a bit to do with it.

which is why i watch NHK, follow japanese people on twitter/ustream and keep my TV off.

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
Closed Thread