LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post radioactivity - 03-19-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
The bananas in the supermarkets are radioactive as well.... And also all the granite statues in the parks in Tokyo.... Everything has a trace measurement of radioactivity.... so do you! I
Bananas contain potassium-40, not iodine-131 or cesium-137. Iodine-131 and cesium-137 are products of nuclear fission.

quote :

Effects of exposureIodine in food is absorbed by the body and preferentially concentrated in the thyroid where it is needed for the functioning of that gland. When 131I is present in high levels in the environment from radioactive fallout, it can be absorbed through contaminated food, and will also accumulate in the thyroid. As it decays, it may cause damage to the thyroid. The primary risk from exposure to high levels of 131I is the chance occurrence of radiogenic thyroid cancer in later life. Other risks include the possibility of non-cancerous growths and thyroiditis.[citation needed]

The risk of thyroid cancer in later life appears to diminish with increasing age at time of exposure. Most risk estimates are based on studies in which radiation exposures occurred in children or teenagers. When adults are exposed, it has been difficult for epidemiologists to detect a statistically significant difference in the rates of thyroid disease above that of a similar but otherwise unexposed group[citation needed

Wiki
(#152 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-19-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by termogard View Post
Which catastrophe did you mean every minute in Chernobyl?
i mean the sarcophag they built around in hurry ... this is damaged, and radiation is very high ... the hole shit can break down every moment, its instabil ... now they build a new roof and complete sarcophag and they will make it secure in the next years hopely ... so, if it breaks down and this can happen every day its the same catastrophy and it is a question of wind direction .... are you not informed about ?! ... this is still dangerous for hole europe of course ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Personally I'd almost like to see the mods stop allowing any new members for a little while till this all dies down. We've had this plague of new members descend on the forum to purely spread fear and lies and to cast dispersions on the Japanese government and people. Frankly I'm sick of it.
my tip 4 you: just wait and see ... everybody must make his own decision and everybody is responsable to get the information to make this own decision ... but stop here to say others it is not dangerous --- surely it is very dangerous .. you will see in future ... wait and see ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I know this is going to be a pretty worthless post...
But this thread is truly amusing.
It`s honestly fascinating to see what other people out there think of Japan and the Japanese people. How absolutely certain they are that everyone in Japan is incapable or unwilling to find out the "truth".

Really, does the rest of the world think Japan is full of idiots? Or that the media here is controlled like it is in China? I`m starting to honestly think that some of this may be because the image of China is being overlapped on to Japan... I mean, all the same, right?
no, a lot of japanese are informed and make their own decision .. but a lot of you are not informed and believe in words which are lies ... thats the point .. it is always better to be critically and get the infomation to make a good decision ... but your mentality is basicly to believe in words of politicans ... its time to change and to ask more ... you are not idiot but you are much too nice ... better to be not nice but critically ... today its a question of survival ...

hello people, donnot go out in the rain, never ... its really dangerous .. no reason is important enough to go out in the rain .. dont do this ... stay inside ... you are told by your tv and i can say this to you, this is very important ... stay inside ...

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: multipost
(#153 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Really, does the rest of the world think Japan is full of idiots? Or that the media here is controlled like it is in China? I`m starting to honestly think that some of this may be because the image of China is being overlapped on to Japan... I mean, all the same, right?
You have a lot of imagination. Never said or implied anything like that. I have too much respect for Japan and the japanese.

Even in a less advanced country like France, we know that the mass medias have their own agenda and are only obliged to tell the truth to their shareholders. The public has to make its own way through the mud.

This is not a question of censorship. If you haven't done it yet, check on google pictures "chernobyl children" and you'll see what lies can do to... modern countries that buy to easily the bs.
(#154 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-19-2011, 09:35 PM

wow, this is great .. the germans can export a lot of milk to nippon now for good price .. thats a good news for us ... because this is a topic here since years now, the milk market ... good idea ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celte View Post
You have a lot of imagination. Never said or implied anything like that. I have too much respect for Japan and the japanese.

Even in a less advanced country like France, we know that the mass medias have their own agenda and are only obliged to tell the truth to their shareholders. The public has to make its own way through the mud.

This is not a question of censorship. If you haven't done it yet, check on google pictures "chernobyl children" and you'll see what lies can do to... modern countries that buy to easily the bs.
hello celte, i think she meant me ... and i have answered .. dont trust the french, they are the nation here in europe which is not interested in save nature ... they take every risk for money ... no interest of recycling or nature help in this nation ... they have no sense for this topic ...

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:47 AM. Reason: multipost
(#155 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2011, 09:40 PM

When you say "France" you're talking about the people or big money ?
(#156 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-19-2011, 09:45 PM

however, everybody has the right to make his own decision ... therefore .. wait and see ... think the next weeks everybody see by himself what is the truth ... therefore it does not make sense to tell this people, they will have their own experiences and this will change their mind forever ... in near future .... today a bigger group of people reached tokio by themself out of the area of fukushima - thats really great, they made the right decision of course, clever people ... i am very glad about ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celte View Post
When you say "France" you're talking about the people or big money ?
well the hole nation seems not to be interested in care of nature ... thats my experience in holiday there ... and of course, everything is today a question of money .. but it is the same in the small household, they have no interest in ... of course a minoritiy of people there is interested in nature care but the most people not ...

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: multipost
(#157 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-20-2011, 02:48 AM

Quote:
I think the world is full of idiots.

Japan is no exception.

After all I'm very critical of China, the USA and many other governments and organisations.
(#158 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-20-2011, 03:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
no, a lot of japanese are informed and make their own decision .. but a lot of you are not informed and believe in words which are lies ... thats the point .. it is always better to be critically and get the infomation to make a good decision ... but your mentality is basicly to believe in words of politicans ... its time to change and to ask more ... you are not idiot but you are much too nice ... better to be not nice but critically ... today its a question of survival ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celte
Japanese media tends to present facts without huge amounts of fear put on top of them. There are no lies about leaks. There are no lies about amounts. They are measuring and presenting the results of this on the news.

Japanese news may not be constantly pushing reports of fear and saying that it is going to be the end of the world, etc, but if things become worse they would report on it. The government is not controlling the media reporting of these things. It sounds like you are not happy with politician reports - that is NOT THE NEWS. The interviews with politicians and officials are just little pieces of the thing.
There are news stations, individuals, etc, all monitoring this thing. The information is on the news.

Is the news in your country only repeating talks with officials? Because it is not like that here at all. Or do your officials and politicians start screaming that it is the end of the world, and that everyone is going to die whenever there is an issue? I am almost 100% certain that they also try to maintain calm and reduce the panic.
I think that because media in other places pushes so hard for everyone to be panicking even when it is not necessary, when there is a big event and they see some other media in another country not telling everyone to scream and panic - it is shocking for them. It isn`t that Japanese people are simply believing completely what is being said by officials. That is just the way that media is presented here.

Quote:
This is not a question of censorship. If you haven't done it yet, check on google pictures "chernobyl children" and you'll see what lies can do to...
You do know that countless numbers of those pictures have been debunked as myth and not related to radiation - they are just normal birth defects, many in areas that had no fallout and no radiation at all. It is like an internet chain letter. The true illnesses were not so visible, so they took pictures of scary looking disorders and put them together for scare tactics. Many of the more famous pictures were taken in a hospital before there was any radiation leak at all.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#159 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-20-2011, 03:24 AM

Bluejeanslady; Japan has knowledge concerning radiation and it's after effects and how much of wich types to be concerned about. They took two actual nuke hits after all, and re built those cities right where they were hit.

I'm not saying there isn't concern about the radiation levels around the plant itself but I am saying your over reacting. A Nuclear power plant is not a nuclear bomb, it doesn't have that kind of energy available. Hell, they told us that around the disaster in Russia you would have a dead zone for 20,000 years...but life goes on there like allways, trees, wild life what have ya..sure they are "radioactive" but they are alive and in some cases thriveing. You can even get a guided tour of the plant and surrounding town for 150 dollars and a waver form.

The US media is constanting harping about "first radiation to hit California and blah blah blah" Even though it's a Billionth the size needed to even be considered dangerous, it's overblown hype that will cause more harm than good..
(#160 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Post catastrophy - 03-20-2011, 04:13 AM

Quote:
i mean the sarcophag they built around in hurry ... this is damaged, and radiation is very high ... the hole shit can break down every moment, its instabil ...
Whatever you say "The holi shit can break down every moment" Girl, this is not "hole shit" as you called it. This technical device was an unique engineering construction built in late eighties. The device prevented molten fuel and radioactive dust to be spread around.

Quote:
now they build a new roof and complete sarcophag and they will make it secure in the next years hopely ... so, if it breaks down and this can happen every day its the same catastrophy and it is a question of wind direction .... are you not informed about ?! ... this is still dangerous for hole europe of course ...
I am more informed than you can imagine By comparison to some europeans who grew up on comic books I read old and fresh scientific reports and watch documentaries. No offence, but you seem have no any sources of infomation except stupid euro newspapers.
For you information, if it breaks down it will not be the same catastrophy, because molten fuel was leaked out of reactor core into concrete basement of a block and cooled down years ago. The only possible source of further radiation is a certain amount of radioactive dust.
That's why they decided to create in improved sarcophagus.
Closed Thread