(#21 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

03-15-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
but i mean 500-1000 miles away

also. does anyone else get the feeling that this guy is from some kind of "looter" group? trying to scare people away from homes so they can visit them without any distractions later? just to check if your dvd, tv and xbox are OK.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

Question 03-15-2011, 08:11 PM

no problem, in this situation i would go to tokio per car, bike, foot oder hijacking ... there i clear my identification by finger print, then to the bank, after to the airport and away ... some newspaper men reached tokio in 27 hours .... they said on tv ... it is possible ... but today it is too late ... it is a question of survival .. you can sit down and wait .. or you stand up and go .. i think it is always better to try ... thats the difference between people who talk a lot and people who survive ... whith a negative suggestion in your mind you are always the looser ... try and error is our evolution ... and for what shall they wait ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post

also. does anyone else get the feeling that this guy is from some kind of "looter" group? trying to scare people away from homes so they can visit them without any distractions later? just to check if your dvd, tv and xbox are OK.
what for a home ? - there is no home anymore .. or it is radioactive ... this is not the question ... if everything is o.k. you must not go .. but if there is nothing left, so you can go ... this is the only option you have ...

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: multipost reduction
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-15-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
in such a catastrophy situation it is better to say very clear what you can do and what you can not do .. to tell the people the hole truth and stop lying ... if s.b. can not do his job, so he should say this from the beginning .. and give the job to another person who can do ...
Crisis containment requires that to keep people calm public officials say what they know and DO NOT SPECULATE publicly about details of what is only possibility and what is being attempted. Do not accuse someonone of lying. If you had the facts you would not be wasting time stirring up bystanders by posting on this forum. For someone with first hand knowledge of the reactors to do so would be abandoning your responsibility working to avoid the total destruction of Fukushima. You are either a fraud or a deserter, and I do not really care which. In this sort of situation they are equally reprehensible.

Quote:
why didnt they not ask for help of the neighbour military of china or sowjet ... they have helis to evacuate to the next airport .... 3-4 days and nothing happened ... i believe they would have helped in such a situation ... mankind ...
YOU ARE WRONG! Emergency medivac helicopters can only carry about 6 people plus crew. Having a good feel for the types of helicopters available to do this in close proximity, I feel certain the possibility was discussed with all of the surrounding nations, as well as the U.S. However, there probably is not enough solid, cleared landing space in the disaster zone to land the over 1,000 helicopters this would require, much less available fuel at either end of such flights for that many trips. I worked with crews who did this during Katrina and it does not work well for mass evacuations.

And if you have any more brilliant ideas why haven't you contacted the local officials with them instead of ranting here?!

Celte - you did mention at least one positive thing. The potassium iodide that is used for radiation treatment is being distributed. I heard the announcements over NHK when the problems first escalated at the reactors.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

very sad - 03-15-2011, 08:26 PM

a catastrophy ... unbelieveable and sad ... but real ... a lot of wrong decision or no decision ... i really hope a lot of people did not hear and made their own decision just in time and escaped ... and i hope it happend a wonder now which stop this desaster ... hope the wind direction change ... thats my wish ... i really feel with this people ...
(#25 (permalink))
Old
ajisai666 (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Has anyone heard on here anymore details about how it's supposed to rain or snow in japan and the radioactive materials will seep into the soil??

~.::ajisai666::.~
(#26 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

03-15-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
I love the graphic!

No, this sounds more like the panic stricken rantings of someone coming unglued or seriously drunk..... bordering on hysteria. Some people become cold and methodical in crisis (helps with 1st aid - but not pleasant) and other extreme goes off the deep end grasping at any possibility - no matter how irrational. They just need either a quick slap to get their attention or a fast sedative to calm their nerves..... but something, so everyone else can get on with reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajisai666 View Post
Has anyone heard on here anymore details about how it's supposed to rain or snow in japan and the radioactive materials will seep into the soil??

It was rain, that has now shifted to snow and is accumulating.

Haven't heard any accredited commentary on whether this will parcipitate the radiation out of the air and contaminate the soil. When we used to study this in school (back when we had A-bomb drills) the theory was that you wanted precipitation to cut down on airborne contamination, but it was at the cost of irradiated soil.

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:42 AM. Reason: multipost
(#27 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-15-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalnSG View Post
Crisis containment requires that to keep people calm public officials say what they know and DO NOT SPECULATE publicly about details of what is only possibility and what is being attempted. Do not accuse someonone of lying. If you had the facts you would not be wasting time stirring up bystanders by posting on this forum. For someone with first hand knowledge of the reactors to do so would be abandoning your responsibility working to avoid the total destruction of Fukushima. You are either a fraud or a deserter, and I do not really care which. In this sort of situation they are equally reprehensible.

YOU ARE WRONG! Emergency medivac helicopters can only carry about 6 people plus crew. Having a good feel for the types of helicopters available to do this in close proximity, I feel certain the possibility was discussed with all of the surrounding nations, as well as the U.S. However, there probably is not enough solid, cleared landing space in the disaster zone to land the over 1,000 helicopters this would require, much less available fuel at either end of such flights for that many trips. I worked with crews who did this during Katrina and it does not work well for mass evacuations.

And if you have any more brilliant ideas why haven't you contacted the local officials with them instead of ranting here?!

Celte - you did mention at least one positive thing. The potassium iodide that is used for radiation treatment is being distributed. I heard the announcements over NHK when the problems first escalated at the reactors.
my english is not so big, so i donnot understand everything .. but one thing: you will find everytime arguments against one in every situation .. but i think in such a situation it makes no sense to discuss but act because there is no time for ... if there is only place for 6 persons in one heli - it is better than no place ... every life is worthful .. if you save one person it is better than no person ... i think complete in another way than you ... of course it is a lot of work and a question of will ... and i think in armee helis is more place ... why must people make things so complicated ... just start ... it is better than doing nothing and just talking about ... sorry ... the discussing people do never reach any aim ... but the visionaires do it ...
(#28 (permalink))
Old
ajisai666 (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 08:35 PM

This is all such scary stuff. Be strong people of Japan <3

~.::ajisai666::.~
(#29 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

a question of will - 03-15-2011, 08:41 PM

after the 2.world war the americans made the air bridge to berlin ... a lot of people were discussing and laughing about this ... it would be impossible and senseless ... but they just did and it worked over a long time ... you know ... and they saved a very lot people before hunger death ... so, sometime you just must start and do and everything else will work automatically ... the first step must be done ...
(#30 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

03-15-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
after the 2.world war the americans made the air bridge to berlin ... a lot of people were discussing and laughing about this ... it would be impossible and senseless ... but they just did and it worked over a long time ... you know ... and they saved a very lot people before hunger death ... so, sometime you just must start and do and everything else will work automatically ... the first step must be done ...
My father was one of those pilots. The vast majority of those people were not saved by being taken out of Berlin, but by having supplies flown in.
Not a good example for your plan.

Closed Thread