JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-15-2011, 04:07 AM

I myself am at least being totally serious. I don't care what most of these people think because they're not here.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#12 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-15-2011, 04:09 AM

There is a lot of irrational fears when it comes to radiation. Sure in certain doses such fears can be completely rational but what many people fail to truly look at is the doses that we all receive in everyday normal life. That flying in a plane for instance increases your dosage dramatically, that getting an x-ray gives you a pretty decent dose. Radiation is all around us all the time.

What we need at the moment is accurate information on the expected radiation levels in certain areas based on wind direction. Beyond 30km of the reactors the levels may well become greater than the average background radiation we receive each and every day but may still fall well within safe limits. Even if levels get up to levels considered unsafe simply staying in your home can mean the dosage you receive is minimal and not unsafe at all. The radiation levels are not uniform. The gases released from the reactors will travel downwind and disperse and the levels will decrease quickly as they move away from the reactors. One area may have a brief period of higher levels when only a km away the levels remain very low.

A mass evacuation would likely lead to incredible panic and definitely lead to far more deaths than is ever likely from the current situation.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Ryzorian (Offline)

03-15-2011, 05:26 AM

It's by in large contained allready anyhow. They flooded the cores with sea water and bromine...this will ruin the reactors ability to do anything. Radiation leakage, what little there is of it, will go out to sea...the reactors were built on the leeward side. This alarmist crap is comeing from Soros and his henchmen, who destroy a country's economy, then swoop in too feed off the remains.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Celte (Offline)
New to JF

03-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Living in the first civil nuclearized (ratio nuclear reactors / inhabitants), but not being in Japan i can only ask questions regarding packing and leaving the zone :

- do you have iodide potassium, water and safe shelter where you are ? i heard that japanese are very well prepared is this true ?
- would you be blocked by mass exodus i you leave the area now ?
- do you have family in an area more south or in another country ?
- what do the authorities advice ?

There is no easy answer, weigh the pros and cons...

Last edited by Celte : 03-15-2011 at 11:21 AM.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

multipost reduction - 03-15-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
Like what MMM said, where do you propose we put these million people? People need shelter, food, clothing . . . if you imagine an accident of this scale in your hometown and only your hometown, imagine trying to move every single resident out and then finding a place for them. Your hometown may only be 70,000 people or so, but you'll admit it wouldn't be feasible. Imagine how unrealistic it is to evacuate one million, and it isn't even just one million, its many, many, many millions if you want to evacuate everyone in an 100 mile radius . . .
its really no problem because japan people are disciplineated ... so take the 80 airbus worldwide, take 1000 people inside, 500 up and the 500 men in freigth room, take off from tokio and osaka, so every three minute one can start and land ... so 10 million in 4 days is no problem ... and in this area ask every family to take one or more person in their familiy .. and every problem is solved ... in osaka you can take name, picture, finger print, birth day, former adress, guest family ... in a database and later on you can open this to internet and everybody will find together who is alive ... i donnot understand where the problem should be ... there is only one problem, in your mind or head - its a question of your horizont ... everything is possible if you start to do .. but doing nothing is poor ... it is equal how many lifes you safe, the first life you safe is better than nothing ...

its really no problem because japan people are disciplineated ... so take the 80 airbus worldwide, take 1000 people inside each one, 500 up and the 500 men in freigth room, take off from tokio to osaka and other working airports inland, so every three minute one can start and land ... so 10 million in 4 days is no problem ... and in this new save area ask every family to take one or more person in their familiy, so you make the big problem very small .. and every problem is solved ... in osaka you can take name, picture, finger print, birth day, former adress, guest family ... in a database and later on you can open this to internet and everybody will find together who is alive ... i donnot understand where the problem should be ... there is only one problem, in your mind or head - its a question of your horizont ... everything is possible if you start to do .. but doing nothing is poor ... it is equal how many lifes you safe, the first life you safe is better than nothing ...

from the beginning on they were lying ... so, today we saw the first time that people go by themselfe to tokio what is a good decision up to yesterday .. today it is better to be inside a building .. but up to yesterday this people did the right decision to start in direction tokio and i hope they all reached it oder destinations more in the south ... it is a good step not to believe anymore this lying people ... hope a lot of people made their own decision ...

Last edited by Nyororin : 03-28-2011 at 09:41 AM.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2011, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
its really no problem because japan people are disciplineated ... so take the 80 airbus worldwide, take 1000 people inside, 500 up and the 500 men in freigth room, take off from tokio and osaka, so every three minute one can start and land ... so 10 million in 4 days is no problem ... and in this area ask every family to take one or more person in their familiy .. and every problem is solved ... in osaka you can take name, picture, finger print, birth day, former adress, guest family ... in a database and later on you can open this to internet and everybody will find together who is alive ... i donnot understand where the problem should be ... there is only one problem, in your mind or head - its a question of your horizont ... everything is possible if you start to do .. but doing nothing is poor ... it is equal how many lifes you safe, the first life you safe is better than nothing ...
Sigh, I don't know why I bother sometimes . . .

You can't just move a population from a country. You need money for plane fuel, pilots, planes, landing permission, places to land . . . assuming you could do all this, then you suggest every family takes in one person. That means seperating parents from children, husbands from wives, and what if a family can't afford to do such a thing? Not everyone is going to want to take in a complete stranger. Then who goes where? Do we send some to France and some to America? How will these people meet up again afterwards? Not everyone in Japan speaks a foriegn language, how will they survive abroad? You want them all to give details in a database - how will you get them all to Osaka, accomodate them, and get them out the country again?

Even if you aren't talking about a whole country - just the Tohoku region - these issues are still applicable for the most part. What you suggest is as ridiculous as saying "everyone in Africa is hungry, let's all pay $10 each and buy them a meal each, that will solve everything". The world isn't black-and-white. Problems are hugely complex and cannot be solved so simply.

I shall be rude and ask you to not to be so naive.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

everything is possible, its a question of your horizont - 03-15-2011, 07:49 PM

its really no problem because japan people are disciplineated ... so take the 80 airbus worldwide, take 1000 people inside each one, 500 up and the 500 men in freigth room, take off from tokio to osaka and other working airports inland, so every three minute one can start and land ... so 10 million in 4 days is no problem ... and in this new save area ask every family to take one or more person in their familiy, so you make the big problem very small .. and every problem is solved ... in osaka you can take name, picture, finger print, birth day, former adress, guest family ... in a database and later on you can open this to internet and everybody will find together who is alive ... i donnot understand where the problem should be ... there is only one problem, in your mind or head - its a question of your horizont ... everything is possible if you start to do .. but doing nothing is poor ... it is equal how many lifes you safe, the first life you safe is better than nothing ...

from the beginning on they were lying ... so, today we saw the first time that people go by themselfe to tokio or other places what is a good decision up to yesterday .. today it is better to be inside a building .. but up to yesterday this people did the right decision to start and i hope they all reached it oder destinations more in the south or west ... it is a good step not to believe anymore this lying people ... hope a lot of people made their own decision ... and are in save destinations now ... i am really sad and i hope they saved their life ...
(#18 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-15-2011, 07:55 PM

bluejeanslady -
Ok, the posting itself is irritating, but repeated copying and pasting the same text is plain obnoxious. If you can't respond with soemthing new, don't bother. Some of us won't mind at all.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-15-2011, 07:55 PM

Stop repeating yourself or this will be deleted.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

Exclamation the truth - 03-15-2011, 08:02 PM

in such a catastrophy situation it is better to say very clear what you can do and what you can not do .. to tell the people the hole truth and stop lying ... if s.b. can not do his job, so he should say this from the beginning .. and give the job to another person who can do ... to save the reactor is one decision and correct but at same time the people must be mass evacuated and this they didnt do ... that was the big mistake .. if you try to solve such a big problem you must think to the end and not stop on half way ... so the problem is not solved ... and this is a desaster ... why didnt they not ask for help of the neighbour military of china or sowjet ... they have helis to evacuate to the next airport .... 3-4 days and nothing happened ... i believe they would have helped in such a situation ... mankind ... if s.th. like this happen here in europe, i often think about what i will do, and i say, i will only trust one person, me ... i think help will come too late here too ... people talking al lot but do not act at once .. in such a situation there is no time for discussion, you have to start to do at once ...
Closed Thread