LinkBack Thread Tools
(#321 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-29-2011, 10:14 AM

I found this on NHK world:

NHK WORLD English

It appears that the plutonium leak is still localized to the power plant area, and the amount doesn't have any health risks.

Thoughts?

EDIT: March 29, 6:32AM - It should be roughly around 6:30PM same day in Japan. I just saw it on NHK news (live broadcast), they are showing a map of the affected area, and displaying a detail breakdown of the different aid/rescue work happening in each area, and the countries involved in each. I don't know what BJL meant when she said Japan turn away the offer to help, I saw it with my own eyes on that map that the entire world is THERE HELPING RIGHT NOW. There was even a picture of a mobile medical unit with about 50 people, a good 90% of them being Caucasian. I wish i can just take a snapshot of that and post it here.

Plutonium found in Fukushima plant soil

Tokyo Electric Power Company says plutonium has been found in soil samples from the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant.

It says the radioactive substance appears to be related to the ongoing nuclear accident, but the level detected is the same as that found in other parts of Japan and does not pose a threat to human health.

TEPCO collected samples from 5 locations around the power plant over 2 days from March 21st and found 2 samples contaminated with plutonium.

Plutonium is a byproduct of the nuclear power generation process. At the number 3 reactor of the Fukushima plant, plutonium is an ingredient in mixed oxide, or MOX, fuel.

Radioactivity from plutonium can be shielded by a sheet of paper. But it can remain in lungs and other organs to cause long-term damages including cancer.

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says the detected level is the same as that found in the environment and not health-threatening for workers who conducted the sampling, nor residents in surrounding areas.

The agency said it is awaiting the results of another survey by the Science Ministry outside of a 20-kilometer radius from the plant, as well as a further survey by TEPCO in the plant compound.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 02:20 +0900 (JST)

Last edited by godwine : 03-29-2011 at 10:35 AM.
(#322 (permalink))
Old
GoNative (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-29-2011, 12:04 PM

Well frankly I've just about had enough of this whole forum. Freedom of speech is one thing but allowing these bloody Germans to keep sprouting their alarmist propaganda is another. These people have contributed nothing previously to these forums and have only come on here to push their anti-nuclear agenda by spreading lies and fear. C'mon mods enough is enough!! We don't want them here, we don't need them here and the rest of us would like to just have some rational discussion about what is actually going on here in Japan. Can we please ban these fools?? Please!
(#323 (permalink))
Old
max1024 (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealJames View Post
First:
Plutonium is a primordial element, in other words it has existed in nature long before nuclear power plants or any man made nuclear anything was devised.
Deep under the earth in wastelands without contact with water.
Quote:
Second:
1.The nuclear weapon used to destroy Nagasaki used plutonium 239, which according to your level of paranoia would have caused a global genocide of humanity, or at the very least Nagasaki would be uninhabitable.
You are talking about evenly pulverized kilograms of that stuff that is still present there.All around the world there are 5000kg Plutonium freed already, the majourity of them in wastelands, Nevada is also one, they won't come in contact with food chain immediatly because the medium is sand. For other cases it is evenly spread and won't disappear anytime soon. It will be accumulated over time.In 24000 years the amount will only be halved, 2500kg and so on, you have to wait for 10 half-times to be sure...240000 years, I'm even sure that humanity will survive that long.
2. People who die on lung cancer aren't systematically tested whether they died because of plutonium toxication or not. I imply that there a lot of dark numbers which you'll never know.You are right about the amount you have to eat in order to die. Like I said, it is evenly spread in atom bomb experiments and in wasteland,most of it landed on wastelands and into the ocean (geography).
Quote:
Third:
Fallout from thousands of nuclear tests around the world contain far more than simply traces of plutonium, people now live in and around these places.
Approximatly 5000kg in total. In Fukushima you've got 1500 tons of it alone!
Quote:
Fourth:
"no human is known to have died because of inhaling or ingesting plutonium, and many people have measurable amounts of plutonium in their bodies" (WNA, World Nuclear Association, check Plutonium Wiki)
The stuff is not nearly as dangerous as you make it out to be, it takes ludicrous amounts of it to kill people, perhaps workers are at risk but the general population even in a decent proximity to it is far from being at risk..
Check my previous answers.
Quote:
Fifth:
A commonly cited quote by Ralph Nader, states that a pound of plutonium dust spread into the atmosphere would be enough to kill 8 billion people. However, the math shows that only up to 2 million people can be killed by inhaling plutonium. This makes the toxicity of plutonium roughly equivalent with that of nerve gas. (check wiki, sourced)
Sixth:
Several populations of people who have been exposed to plutonium dust (e.g. people living down-wind of Nevada test sites, Hiroshima survivors, nuclear facility workers, and "terminally ill" patients injected with Pu in 1945–46 to study Pu metabolism) have been carefully followed and analyzed.
These studies generally do not show especially high plutonium toxicity or plutonium-induced cancer results.[88] "There were about 25 workers from Los Alamos National Laboratory who inhaled a considerable amount of plutonium dust during the 1940's; according to the hot-particle theory, each of them has a 99.5% chance of being dead from lung cancer by now, but there has not been a single lung cancer among them." (from wiki, sourced)
Like I said, the medium that transports the toxins and the concentration that will include it into the food chain are the real problem. It isn't also evenly spread like after a nuke explosion.Once in food chain-> forever there.
Nerve gas never stays toxic for 240000 years
Quote:
Please reply with logic, preferably based on fact, not emotion.
I don't have time right now because I work. I will post the problems specially with Fukushima and the consequences later. The key points will be water as transport medium into food chain and the sheer amount of it there (150 tons).

Last edited by max1024 : 03-29-2011 at 05:58 PM.
(#324 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Thumbs up 03-29-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Well frankly I've just about had enough of this whole forum. Freedom of speech is one thing but allowing these bloody Germans to keep sprouting their alarmist propaganda is another. These people have contributed nothing previously to these forums and have only come on here to push their anti-nuclear agenda by spreading lies and fear. C'mon mods enough is enough!! We don't want them here, we don't need them here and the rest of us would like to just have some rational discussion about what is actually going on here in Japan. Can we please ban these fools?? Please!
I feel the same way....
(#325 (permalink))
Old
tipsygypsy (Offline)
wa gwaaan?

03-29-2011, 02:58 PM

o-oh..............

Jah Rastafaaari. Yeah pasta for life
(#326 (permalink))
Old
max1024 (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
What is your problem? To post or contribute somewhere in a forum, you don't have to be a long time member. Where do you come from? Freedom of speach seems like an alien word to you. If you don't like the content or are not interested, no one asks you to post here. I'm posting in the general section in the right thread about the right topic. What are you doing?
If I am a lier or ignorant, point out my lies, I don't have to hide anything. It is your freedom of speech, so where did I lie? Propaganda? What propanda? Bluejeans asked me why the reports in different countries differ. I explained it with atom lobby activities. You don't believe me?
Here, read some more:
Source
I'm pretty sure that you didn't hear anything about what happened in that article. If you are so smart, go figure out why.
(#327 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

leave the area - 03-29-2011, 04:49 PM

i told it first of my thread : LEAVE THE AREA ... and they are lying about all ... and the biggest mistake is that they didnt first ask for international help ... now 2 weeks are gone and its the worst case coming .. hope the international control will start to work now, its not only a problem of japan, its our all desaster and catastrophy coming ... INTERNATIONAL CONTROL PLEASE AT ONCE ....

and all those men who disturb this thread from beginning on, you can be responsible for all those people who believe in your words for health and life ... tell them that you are sorry about the bullshit you talk sitting in a save area ... this is your problem ...

i can say in a very responsible way, leave that area and i completely agree with max who is better in english like me to explain it better ... thank you ...

this thing is out of control and everybody who tells other things are terrible lying .. but this cost lifes ...

hope a lot of people in japan in that area will reach that message: leave the area and never go into the forbidden zone, what just happened ... you really should not do this, keep out of the 20-40 km are and go as far away as you can, at moment of course 80 km like the americans tell since two weeks now ..

hope the international community will make clear decisions today because there is no time left to do this ... the japanes governement and tepco is completely unable to solve anything there, they tell stories every day ... fairy tales of course ...
(#328 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

03-29-2011, 05:07 PM

I just think the moderator should shut down this thread. Its getting way out of control.....
(#329 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
03-29-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max1024 View Post
Approximatly 5000kg in total. In Fukushima you've got 1500 tons of it alone!
From where the heck are you getting that 1500 tons? That is the total fuel there, and the plutonium in the mox fuel is ~ 3% (the one used there) and that kind of plutonium mixture wasn't used in all of Fukushimas reactors.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?

Last edited by protheus : 03-29-2011 at 05:38 PM.
(#330 (permalink))
Old
max1024 (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
From where the heck are you getting that 1500 tons? That is the total fuel there, and the plutonium in the mox fuel is ~ 3% (the one used there) and that kind of plutonium mixture wasn't used in all of Fukushimas reactors.
Thx for the tipo, I meant 150 tons of course like in my first post, it is the minimal amout.
Here, I took it as basis:
Source
According to it and many other sources, they've got 4,277 tons of fuel in total. You can read the composition in the source.
Closed Thread