LinkBack Thread Tools
(#101 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-15-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kouichisan View Post
Japan has massive debt, far more as a % of GDP than even us.
Well that's news to me. I knew they were a bit but I thought we were the worse off.

But I totally agree about not discriminating based on country no matter how
supposedly "rich" they are. In the unlikely event it happened here would anybody care?

Ronin4hire,a nuclear meltdown means no Japan. You make it sound like you want it to happen.
(#102 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-15-2011, 08:03 PM

I only have two problems with donating for Haiti's recovery instead of Japan's.

#1 - I have several friends in Japan, including 2 stuck in the midst of the worst area, but absolutely know one I know is in Haiti.

#2 - Business and societal impact for me in regard to Japan is the loss of many benefits (car, phone, computer, clothes, food, employment, etc.). The impact of loss from Haiti has been only a decrease of drug dealers and rude, obnoxious and illiterate taxi drivers.

My lack of connection to anything beneficial from Haiti does not mean that as a people in need of help they are not deserving, but so are millions of other people on this planet whose countrymen have not had a megative impact on my life. And funds being far from plentiful for me, the few I can spare will go to those whom I understand best and truly care about.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#103 (permalink))
Old
jurianbai (Offline)
Aselian

03-15-2011, 08:05 PM

even a small amount of money will help our Japanese friends stay survive, so let's donate to Japan. this thread is not only discriminating Japan people but also an insult to Haiti people as they were competing a slice of bread with Japan and NZ!
(#104 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
03-15-2011, 09:20 PM

I didn't donate to Haiti.
I will admit it.

And even now I probably wouldn't. Not a racist thing, I do donate to loads of causes internationally normally when I can. Call me a monster, sorry
But Japan
Cancer causes
Mental Illness causes
Chile
And some other things are higher in my priority.

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#105 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-16-2011, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
Well that's news to me. I knew they were a bit but I thought we were the worse off.

But I totally agree about not discriminating based on country no matter how
supposedly "rich" they are. In the unlikely event it happened here would anybody care?

Ronin4hire,a nuclear meltdown means no Japan. You make it sound like you want it to happen.
No.. If a meltdown happens I'm willing to reconsider my position on this.

My argument is purely rational and if anyone has followed me in these forums, I am often (wrongly in my opinion) accused of being overly defensive of Japan.

So it's kinda weird that you say I want it to happen.
(#106 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-16-2011, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayci View Post
I didn't donate to Haiti.
I will admit it.

And even now I probably wouldn't. Not a racist thing, I do donate to loads of causes internationally normally when I can. Call me a monster, sorry
But Japan
Cancer causes
Mental Illness causes
Chile
And some other things are higher in my priority.
I guess that's just the reality of the world.

It makes me sick. I would argue that it is racist to some extent. Not you in particular but the way in which we imagine and respond to suffering around the world in general.

We live in a world where people are very often defined by their nation or culture and like anything that can be defined, it can be judged as superior or inferior.

My argument is simply based on the idea that human beings are all equal, and that charity should be afforded to the most needy.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 03-16-2011 at 02:00 AM.
(#107 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-16-2011, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post

It makes me sick.
I suppose instead of this being "Japan Forum" we should call it "Everywhere Forum" and talk about all places in the world equally.

Or maybe to join Japan Forum one should also be forced to register at Haiti Forum and Chile Forum and New Zealand Forum and everywhere.
(#108 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

03-16-2011, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I suppose instead of this being "Japan Forum" we should call it "Everywhere Forum" and talk about all places in the world equally.

Or maybe to join Japan Forum one should also be forced to register at Haiti Forum and Chile Forum and New Zealand Forum and everywhere.
What a stupid reply.

It's not even in context or relevant to what I was saying to Kayci or anything I've said in this entire thread.

Take that stick out your ass MMM
(#109 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
03-16-2011, 02:42 AM

Quote:

It makes me sick. I would argue that it is racist to some extent. Not you in particular but the way in which we imagine and respond to suffering around the world in general.

We live in a world where people are very often defined by their nation or culture and like anything that can be defined, it can be judged as superior or inferior.

My argument is simply based on the idea that human beings are all equal, and that charity should be afforded to the most needy.
All human beings are equal. I just never donated to Haiti, but I donate to loads of other things aside from Japan.

I'm the girl that always leaves tips in every service I can, and in most things, I give whatever I can.
Just for once, I missed Haiti.
Its nothing racist, seeing how I donated aid to Africa.

But in response, the only one with a stick in the ass I am seeing is not MMM....

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#110 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-16-2011, 02:44 AM

Quote:
What a stupid reply.

It's not even in context or relevant to what I was saying to Kayci or anything I've said in this entire thread.

Take that stick out your ass MMM
No more insults, Ronin.