JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#301 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

05-01-2011, 01:55 PM

You bring up a logical point, but Haiti's government has enough money to help it's people out, but doesn't. It's like this in many areas of the world, and so charities like, for example, Oxfam 365, go directly to the people.

All people need help. Be it Japan, Haiti, Bangladesh or anywhere else. People die of lack of supplies, and every small bit of change helps.

Ironically, If the disaster would happen to you, and people refused to help because you're in a rich country (I'm unaware of how the New Zealand economy, so just imagine you are in a rich country), you would also feel slighted.

And what's stopping you from donating to multiple causes anyways?

- β€œI've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#302 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-01-2011, 04:17 PM

If this thread is going to move to simply tossing insults around, then it will be closed.
(#303 (permalink))
Old
StonerPenguin (Offline)
loves bein' gross ΰ²₯β€Ώΰ

05-01-2011, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If this thread is going to move to simply tossing insults around, then it will be closed.
I don't see that at all. This last page has made some good, rational points and it looks like this thread is moving back on track. In fact, I was about to say something similar to what Robin said. It's all good.

Hey, does this rag smell like chloroform?
(#304 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-01-2011, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonerPenguin View Post
I don't see that at all. This last page has made some good, rational points and it looks like this thread is moving back on track. In fact, I was about to say something similar to what Robin said. It's all good.
Questioning someone's native language (when their English is perfectly fine), calling them crazy and saying people who don't agree are "irrationally upset" is not constructive and not acceptable.

This is a trend lately on JF that I do not like, so let's stick to discussing the content of people's arguments without attacking their character.
(#305 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-01-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Questioning someone's native language (when their English is perfectly fine), calling them crazy and saying people who don't agree are "irrationally upset" is not constructive and not acceptable.

This is a trend lately on JF that I do not like, so let's stick to discussing the content of people's arguments without attacking their character.
Nippom is irrationally upset.

The only one that can't see that here is you as 4 people since have basically agreed.

As for the rest of it... I didn't understand her diatribe which was basically a personal attack (I understood that much though it's interesting but not surprising how you ignore that fact lol).

It wasn't a case of grammar (though it wasn't the best... I've seen native speakers make the same sort of mistakes on the net.. but it's the net... everyone's sloppy). it seems more like the misuse or at the very least unnatural use of words.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 05-01-2011 at 08:49 PM.
(#306 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-01-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
You bring up a logical point, but Haiti's government has enough money to help it's people out, but doesn't. It's like this in many areas of the world, and so charities like, for example, Oxfam 365, go directly to the people.

All people need help. Be it Japan, Haiti, Bangladesh or anywhere else. People die of lack of supplies, and every small bit of change helps.

Ironically, If the disaster would happen to you, and people refused to help because you're in a rich country (I'm unaware of how the New Zealand economy, so just imagine you are in a rich country), you would also feel slighted.

And what's stopping you from donating to multiple causes anyways?
I don't feel like repeating myself. You want an answer to your post then go throught the thread and look it up.