JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
rtm001 (Offline)
New to JF

where is everyone in japan going? - 03-18-2011, 08:12 PM

Hi there,
Just wondering from Houston Texas where everyone in japan is going in wake of this tragedy. Are you heading down south towards other islands? Or are most people going to China or beyond? I've been looking at the news and I can't figure out what is happening to the japanese people themselves.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Post Deleted.

Last edited by RobinMask : 01-07-2018 at 11:49 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
ajisai666 (Offline)
New to JF

03-18-2011, 08:24 PM

A lot of the ones that are leaving Japan are probably going to relatives' in other countries. If they don't have family outside the island then they are staying with relatives nearby or that are far away from the plant and tsunamis destruction.

~.::ajisai666::.~
(#4 (permalink))
Old
rtm001 (Offline)
New to JF

so sitting tight seems to be the idea... - 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM

what about supplies? Are the stores even open in the last few days? I've heard that banks are running out of money...is that true? Not to sound pessimestic, but i'd like an insiders point of view on the situtation there. This has profound effects on the world.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-19-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtm001 View Post
what about supplies? Are the stores even open in the last few days? I've heard that banks are running out of money...is that true? Not to sound pessimestic, but i'd like an insiders point of view on the situtation there. This has profound effects on the world.
Grocery stores in the directly affected areas are having difficulties in having supplies delivered due to road damage. But that`s like 5~10% of Japan...
But even so the situation is improving.

Where businesses were swept away, obviously they`re not open... But not everything even in the tsunami hit areas was destroyed - higher ground was not covered in water, so stores still exist there.

Banks are not running out of money. One bank chain - Mizuho - had some sort of damage to their electronic system, so ATMs are not working.

Tokyo has no *real* shortages other gasoline, and that is mainly because the large tanks to store shipments of it are damaged - not because they can`t get any.

The western media has snapped up some really extreme stories of shortages in Tokyo - but they are currently selling between 2 and 3 times the regular amount. People are just buying like crazy and hoarding.

90~95% of Japan is not damaged. In the majority of the country things are pretty much completely normal.

So, no, Japan is not completely falling apart at the seams with people starving in the streets.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-19-2011, 12:08 AM

In short, stop watching sensationalist media and get your information right from people living in Japan, as Nyororin is. Wish *everyone* else could get that message as well.

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"