JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-27-2011, 05:56 PM

I have a feeling that drastic measures are needed to nix this in the bud.... If the Internet is your source of information, then the Internet is not your friend. If you truly want to get rid of this ailment, you have to cut the umbilical, literally and figuratively. Get rid of your Internet connection at home and quit cold turkey. It's not going to be easy, but you'll be better off in the long run.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-27-2011, 06:45 PM

I plan on living in Japan one day... I got a really good feel for the country during my travels with my camera.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
03-27-2011, 07:36 PM

Gee. This is the lamest syndrome I've ever heard of. It is so I find it real hard to believe the OP's being serious about this whole thing. I mean, irrational hate towards foreigners living in Japan, that's so messed up... Dude, no wonder you get suicidal, if what you say is true then you probably are the most obsessed of them all.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Mail747 (Offline)
New to JF

03-27-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBraden View Post
I have a feeling that drastic measures are needed to nix this in the bud.... If the Internet is your source of information, then the Internet is not your friend. If you truly want to get rid of this ailment, you have to cut the umbilical, literally and figuratively. Get rid of your Internet connection at home and quit cold turkey. It's not going to be easy, but you'll be better off in the long run.
That would be the perfect solution, but cutting off my internet would be like cutting out a part of my brain. Maybe I'll try it someday, but as mentioned it'd be extremely difficult. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
I plan on living in Japan one day... I got a really good feel for the country during my travels with my camera.
Awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Gee. This is the lamest syndrome I've ever heard of. It is so I find it real hard to believe the OP's being serious about this whole thing. I mean, irrational hate towards foreigners living in Japan, that's so messed up... Dude, no wonder you get suicidal, if what you say is true then you probably are the most obsessed of them all.
It may sound lame to you, and many others. But as with many other things, unless you have it you'll never understand. To me it's very serious, and it's as bad to me as a proper illness.

I am being deadly serious. I can only promise that I'm being serious, and if you don't believe me then there's not really much more I can do to prove it to you.

I know how messed up it sounds. But alas, it's something I can not help, no matter how silly it sounds.

And yeah... thats the point I'm trying to make. I realize I most probably AM the most obsessed of them all. I don't want to be though, but it's just how I am. :/
(#15 (permalink))
Old
steven (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-27-2011, 10:25 PM

I agree with JohnBraden-- I think if the internet is where you go to wind yourself up then you need to maybe cut down on how much you use it.

I think that if you find something else, particularly something positive, to do with your time then you will find that it cuts out of your internet time significantly. I think that would be healthy for you. If you're really using the internet that late into the night then it must really be affecting you to the point of losing sleep.

Take care
(#16 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)

03-28-2011, 09:02 AM

maybe get rid of your computer and start living in the real world. there is so much else you could become involved in rather than waste your life on this crazy path you are on.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

03-28-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
maybe get rid of your computer and start living in the real world. there is so much else you could become involved in rather than waste your life on this crazy path you are on.
If there was a Facebook "like" button on JF. I'd of liked this.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#18 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
03-28-2011, 09:45 AM

I have a friend who would love you, OP. He hates Japan, but thats probably because I go on, & on & on & on & on & on & on about it

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Mail747 (Offline)
New to JF

03-28-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post
Okay that's not an option. And if it was as simple as going out, I'd have beaten it a long time ago. I go to college and so it's not like I'm house-ridden. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I have a friend who would love you, OP. He hates Japan, but thats probably because I go on, & on & on & on & on & on & on about it
It's not that I hate Japan. Quite the opposite actually. It's because I love it that I have this obsession. :/
(#20 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

03-28-2011, 10:34 PM

So what is the first emotion you felt when you were walking down the street in Japan and you suddenly saw another foreigner?

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com