JapanForum.com  

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

Thumbs up 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM

hello people, it is equal what others tell you, hear on your inner voice, only one decision ist correct : LEAVE THE AREA .. this is the only decision you can do at moment ... later you can return if it is save ... but at moment, everybody should leave, no panic, but leave at once ... i wonder that nobody make the clear decision to save the people first ... this is the only true decision ... all that can fly or swin should take the people away from this area ... they should have done this for the last three days, but nobody decided this ... thats poor ... it is the only intelligent decision at moment ... hope somebody make this now ... OUT OF THE AREA - now !

.. and i mean not 20 miles (thats a joke) ... but i mean 500-1000 miles away ... as far as you can ... first go, then see with distance ... every animal would do this decision of the instinct ... you have should done this decision 3 days ago.. do it now ... no panic, but go away ...

Last edited by MMM : 03-14-2011 at 08:14 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-14-2011, 08:18 PM

If everyone within 1000 miles of Sendai were to leave the area, then entire nation of Japan would be deserted. Where do you plan on placing 130 million Japanese refugees?

I think you are being alarmist and extreme.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

03-14-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If everyone within 1000 miles of Sendai were to leave the area, then entire nation of Japan would be deserted. Where do you plan on placing 130 million Japanese refugees?

Yeah, I think that's a little OTT too, if people go as far as they are able. That would be better than leaving altogether. I don't think it would be necessary to that extent anyway (even if that plant goes down).
(#4 (permalink))
Old
bluejeanslady (Offline)
JF Regular

03-14-2011, 08:27 PM

Quote:

better some million people out of the area than death or ill ... i say no panic, but sb has to make a clear decision to start because it is better than doing nothing ... they should have started 3 days ago ... its really late now ...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
ryuhebi13 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 08:32 PM

They've got enough on their plate finding survivors and keeping those who are alive safe and out of harms way, without organising a mass evac.

Check these links out:

MissMisa talks about Cosplay and stuff

Japanese Help and Info

Useful Info
(#6 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejeanslady View Post
better some million people out of the area than death or ill ... i say no panic, but sb has to make a clear decision to start because it is better than doing nothing ... they should have started 3 days ago ... its really late now ...
Like what MMM said, where do you propose we put these million people? People need shelter, food, clothing . . . if you imagine an accident of this scale in your hometown and only your hometown, imagine trying to move every single resident out and then finding a place for them. Your hometown may only be 70,000 people or so, but you'll admit it wouldn't be feasible. Imagine how unrealistic it is to evacuate one million, and it isn't even just one million, its many, many, many millions if you want to evacuate everyone in an 100 mile radius . . .
(#7 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
03-14-2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
The OP is also not thinking clearly or has no clue what it is like to be in the midst of a real disaster; especially one with no warning at all (60 seconds is not a warning). I suggest the OP look up the word "stranded".

In devastation like this you cannot simply walk out, definitely not swim out (suicidal at best), and there are no roads, trains, or planes to leave on. You are there until someone finds a way in and comes to get you. Leaving the immediatel area is not an option, and even if you could, you have no possessions to barter with or pay your way to get any distance. And no one has successfully managed to swim across the Pacific.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
raining (Offline)
New to JF

Exclamation 03-15-2011, 03:50 AM

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU! it just doesn't make sense what they are telling the japanese people, 20km or miles? radiation moves with the wind and spreads so to speak. I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT IS TELLING THE TRUTH AND THAT THEIR IS NO REAL HARM!! but i agree about leaving the area asap! your a smart one!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

03-15-2011, 03:57 AM

This is a serious question directed only at those with first hand experience of the current situation or have extensive knowledge in it. I don't want speculation.

Right now, do you find it wise to leave Japan and head west or to a neighboring country?

Many people I know have packed their bags and left (mainly to Osaka and Kyoto), or to their respective countries (Taiwan, HK, S. Korea, etc). Also, many Japanese are moving west as well, with a "better safe than sorry" attitude. Do you think this is a wise decision right now? Are people overreacting (especially in the Tokyo area?)

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#10 (permalink))
Old
termogard (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Smile escape as soon - 03-15-2011, 04:00 AM

Is this particular thread dedicated to alarmism?
Closed Thread