LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-08-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanOne View Post
Thanks, this was indeed not my question. When you dream in a foreign language (mostly the one from the country you're actually living), it's something you can't control, it's subconscious

I may be wrong but Erasmus wrote about it and linked it to your brain considering that you have become a autochthon...or something like that....
I consider the point of dreaming in a foreign language you are studying a sort of hurdle, that when it is crossed means your brain has stopped fighting the language like an invading force, and has accepted it.

I started dreaming in Japanese about the time I stopped translating Japanese to English in my head.
(#152 (permalink))
Old
ryuurui (Offline)
Japanese calligrapher

04-08-2011, 04:29 PM

I am really glad i dont remember my dreams. Last thing i need is to dream in Japanese.
(#153 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-08-2011, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNative View Post
Do you mean play for a living? Or just for fun on the weekend? If it's just for fun you just need to find a local team and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you a go. I was playing in about the 2nd lowest grade in Hokkaido. Just some guys who'd get together one night a week for practice and have competitive games about once every 2 weeks and then have a few beers afterwards. Nothing too serious but good fun.
Yeah I'd only play for fun or maybe for a local team. Although say I played rugby for Wales,then I'd want to play England. Just so they could go "Traitor!" and I could go "Ahahahaha!" Maybe I could infiltrate the England team and rip off the England rugby shirt and I could have a Wales one underneath!
(#154 (permalink))
Old
jhnstjas (Offline)
New to JF

04-13-2011, 11:32 PM

ninjas robots and sushi
(#155 (permalink))
Old
protheus (Offline)
Arthur et Les Minimoys

Send a message via Yahoo to protheus
04-14-2011, 06:56 AM

"What do you think you will find in japan?"
Japanese people, japanese buildings, japanese streets, japanese writting, japanese food and a lot more japanese related stuff. Oh, and those lovely japanese earthquakes, I need to try a few, just to see how big my eyes can be before popping out.

Reverse psychology, "dear Watson", reverse psychology.
"Manganese? Is that manga language?" - lol?
(#156 (permalink))
Old
Lien (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Lien
04-14-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by protheus View Post
"What do you think you will find in japan?"
Japanese people, japanese buildings, japanese streets, japanese writting, japanese food and a lot more japanese related stuff. Oh, and those lovely japanese earthquakes, I need to try a few, just to see how big my eyes can be before popping out.
I think that's the best answer so far