JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

What do you think you will find in japan - 04-05-2011, 08:51 AM

For those who say they wish to go or live in japan, what do you think you will find there?

Some Utopia? Especially since the recent disaster.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

04-05-2011, 08:52 AM

One of the places where being different is better than being the same despite most people thinking being different is bad, which makes it the unpopular choice and a greater minority and even more fun.

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-05-2011, 09:42 AM

I agree. Of course I know it isn't perfect. I just don't agree with British pessimism. Maybe that's what's always seperated me from other people. I know bad stuff happens but I think it's better to ignore it.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
BobbyCooper (Offline)
Banned

04-05-2011, 10:20 AM

Happiness first of all!

If you have ever met a real Asian person before, then you know what I am talking about.

I always describe it like this.. It's a different World up there and it's the by far furthest away from the Western society. Now you can say to me that I should incorporate myself into the Western society, because I happen to be born here.. but the thing is I don't want to!

Inside I am Asian, I am just looking for people who are like me
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-05-2011, 11:40 AM

Have to agree with BobbyCooper. Happiness, and a chance to fulfil dreams. It will be a change, and perhaps a shock, but I'm prepared. Just need to fulfil my requirements first

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-05-2011, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
Happiness first of all!

If you have ever met a real Asian person before, then you know what I am talking about.

I always describe it like this.. It's a different World up there and it's the by far furthest away from the Western society. Now you can say to me that I should incorporate myself into the Western society, because I happen to be born here.. but the thing is I don't want to!

Not sure if I agree to that 100%, Japan is probably the most westernized place among Asian countries.... I mean, sure, China has a few cities thats pretty westernized, but its just a few out of a large country, while Japan is MOST cities out of a smaller country (Land mass)

But I agree, happiness is the main thing, I just think I will be happier if I am there, its all relative, not suggesting that I am not happy where I am, but if I get to go back, i will be happier... though i dropped the idea of moving and living there. The IT field there work you like a wh*re, I don't think I can ever adapt to that kind of working culture...
(#7 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

04-05-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
Have to agree with BobbyCooper. Happiness, and a chance to fulfil dreams. It will be a change, and perhaps a shock, but I'm prepared. Just need to fulfil my requirements first
so what are your dreams?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-05-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Not sure if I agree to that 100%, Japan is probably the most westernized place among Asian countries
They might like American films but the people are very different.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-05-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
They might like American films but the people are very different.
Maybe I should say, there are some form of similarities between most countries in Asia, except for Japan. At least thats how most other asian view it. Its just more influenced by western culture than the other asian countries
(#10 (permalink))
Old
RickOShay (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-05-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyCooper View Post
I hate to burst your bubble already but Japanese people on the whole will never see you as one of them. I suggest you be happy with who you are and embrace the dynamics it will create for you if you live here. Otherwise I do not think you will be happy in Japan.