LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-02-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
I have to ask, but what is the huge deal about his death?

I know what he did, and what happened, but it's just that in foriegn news his death barely made it into the news, whereas in America its not just front page, it's the entire news. I mean I haven't seen/heard anything else in the American news all day. I'm just curious why it's a huge deal? I hate to generalise, but why are the Americans taking it so personally?

I have to add I agree with RickOShay. Doesn't anyone think it's distasteful to celebrate a man's death, no matter who that man may be? It just seems somewhat twisted to me, what kind of world is it that we celebrate and party when a person dies? I'll refrain from any more US generalisations, but will say that in this day and age surely people have more intellect and morality than to laugh with glee at a man's passing. It's like we've returned to the days where we laughed at witches bein burned at the stake, or whooped with celebration when a man was hanged . . . it seems backwards.

UM Robin-------Osama was behind the 9/11 event--was he worried about the thousands of americans who were killed. I just resent the fact that we in Britain were dragged into Iraq and then Afghanistan because of it.

its a pity that Osama was not captured and interrogated-- rather than being killed-- If in fact he Was killed. It could well be a look alike-- after all many of them do look identical with their robes and beards.

I wonder what next war will escalate from this.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

05-02-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogsbody70 View Post

its a pity that Osama was not captured and interrogated-- rather than being killed-- If in fact he Was killed. It could well be a look alike-- after all many of them do look identical with their robes and beards.
I question this too, i don't know how many times we've heard that he was found or killed.

Someone posted a video on you tube, saying that its a leaked pic, which i question its authenticity (warning: don't open this, may be a bit horrific for some: YouTube - OSAMA BIN LADEN - DEAD PICTURES LEAKED?! - Shot in HEAD! - GORY!)

And the notes of the killing, i head in our local news this morning that, when the special forces raided the place, they attempt to "arrest" him in peace, but he fought back, so they just shot him....
(#13 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-02-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
UM Robin-------Osama was behind the 9/11 event--was he worried about the thousands of americans who were killed.
Yeah, I get that, and I'm not denying the fact he was a bad man. I just dislike the way the American press and public have responded to it, I don't think it warrants the attention or celebrations that it has had. I agree its news, and I think it's great closure for all those effected, and we could easily argue it's justice of sorts . . . but I don't understand how (or why) people can cheer, party, and actually celebrate his death. If anything shouldn't it be a moment of reflection, rather than for street parties and at the cost of all other news?

Edit: With that said, I do agree with you and the others that he could still easily be alive . . . my very first thought on seeing the news was how easily that could have been faked. I also agree with you and others that he should have been captured and imprisoned, I don't (nor have I ever) agree with capital punishment, or the celebration of death. I dislike how Sadam was handled, and I dislike how Bin Laden's death has been responded to.

Last edited by RobinMask : 05-02-2011 at 01:32 PM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
dogsbody70 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-02-2011, 02:03 PM

I guess its about human nature Robin and the Media always go OTT and for those who lost loved one in9/11.

Always Media exaggerates. I Personally have not seen the news on this.

Just resent we were pulled into Iraq etc. George Bush was too much into
invading Iraq---an excuse I suspect-- but also America was not used to being attacked-- rather like Pearl Harbour-- that really did make more war.
I hate all wars-- and our interference.

I feel that it made the world a more dangerous place and also left Britain open to more terrorism when we Joined America.

We were told lies about the weapons of mass destruction and Blair wanted to cling onto Bush's coat tails.

I dislike what is happening in Libya now-- to many killings there and ordinary people being killed or injured.

I hate it all. It all just escalates and gets out of control and too many innocent people suffer.

No doubt Americans will correct me.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
RobinMask (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-02-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Always Media exaggerates. I Personally have not seen the news on this.
That was one of my points, lol. Turn on the BBC or yahoo.co.uk and notice the lack of Bin Ladin stories, even try NHK for Asian news, then try CNN or yahoo.com and notice how the Americans are treating it as if Jesus is walking amongst us or as if world peace has been declared or as if cancer had been cured I just didn't uderstand the American-level of hype.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
ModusOperandi (Offline)
JF Regular

05-02-2011, 02:34 PM

Am I the only one who finds this revelation as a cause for worry than a source for celebration?

If this news is true, then it will most likely do little else than trigger a stronger response from terrorist groups looking to avenge/retaliate.

It's just going to turn into a vicious circle all over again.

I'd be bracing myself than skipping in the streets right now.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
thetrueflesh (Offline)
New to JF

05-02-2011, 02:44 PM

I think the same this kind of "news" sounds more like something that was planned with time rather than heroic action from the us militar forces.

As a plus there're lot of resources around on the web that certifies Osama died 3 months later after 9/11 and the one we know until his "death" was a fake one implanted by the US government itself.

Last edited by thetrueflesh : 05-02-2011 at 02:48 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
WingsToDiscovery (Offline)
JF Noob

05-02-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinMask View Post
That was one of my points, lol. Turn on the BBC or yahoo.co.uk and notice the lack of Bin Ladin stories, even try NHK for Asian news, then try CNN or yahoo.com and notice how the Americans are treating it as if Jesus is walking amongst us or as if world peace has been declared or as if cancer had been cured I just didn't uderstand the American-level of hype.
It's all about how one can relate. I'm sure news was pouring from the UK about the recent wedding, and while America and the rest of the world covered it, it surely didn't have as much significance as it did to England. The Bin Laden story isn't not being covered; there were news flashes about it on all of the prompter screens as I walked through Tokyo station today. I found out about the news simply from being in Japan and walking through the station before I heard what happened from a western news source. But there's definitely more significance to it for Americans.

I'm not a cynic; I just like to play Devil's Advocate once in a while.
My photos from Japan and around the world:
http://www.flickr.com/dylanwphotography
(#19 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

05-02-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post

Someone posted a video on you tube, saying that its a leaked pic, which i question its authenticity
it is fake. it was photoshoped with 2 pictures - a real (live) osama and some dead guy. basically he just added beard to some dead body with similar facial expressions.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
05-02-2011, 02:58 PM

LOL at everything..
If they think by doing this, people can just forget about the conspiracy regarding 9/11, they just made a great mistake..

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!